So how many times will Calvillo be sacked this time?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Big Time
Champion

So Anthony "The Human Sack Machine" Calvillo will be in the house on Friday night. This is usually the game that Lions DB's use to pad their sack totals. Two years ago they were credited with 9 sacks although in effect it was closer to 12 - for whatever reason several sacks were not recorded as such. Last year they were credited with 5 sacks and knocked AC out of the game. Anyone want to predict how many sacks they'll get on Friday night?

I'll go conservative and say they'll get 8.
David
Team Captain

Hey, let's not get cocky. :wag: This game is not going to be a walk in the park. Montreal boasts the most productive offense in the league and their O-line has improved. Cavillo has a pretty quick release so we'd better make sure we don't play zone with Cahoon or he'll eat us alive.

The time difference will not have as big an impact this time either. The Als stayed in Regina this week instead of flying home.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

ill be conservitive as well

lets see?

wake 5
johnson 2
hunt 2
williams 1
glatt 1
banks 1
-----------------
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

As long as we get the "W" I really don't care.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

David wrote: ...
The time difference will not have as big an impact this time either. The Als stayed in Regina this week instead of flying home.

DH 8)
I do think this will help (but I hope it doesn't :wink: ). Playing football at what is 1:30 AM for the Al's does sound tough, so I hope the reporters ask if it helped after the game (I know I'm curious).
Shaggy
Starter

Big Time wrote:So Anthony "The Human Sack Machine" Calvillo will be in the house on Friday night. This is usually the game that Lions DB's use to pad their sack totals. Two years ago they were credited with 9 sacks although in effect it was closer to 12 - for whatever reason several sacks were not recorded as such. Last year they were credited with 5 sacks and knocked AC out of the game. Anyone want to predict how many sacks they'll get on Friday night?

I'll go conservative and say they'll get 8.

I think they DID get 12 sacks, but 3 were against the backup if I recall correctly.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

David wrote: The Als stayed in Regina this week instead of flying home.
Talk about tough love. Most coaches just make you run laps when you blow a lead and lose a game!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:As long as we get the "W" I really don't care.
:whs:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
ziggy
Legend

David wrote:Hey, let's not get cocky. :wag: This game is not going to be a walk in the park. Montreal boasts the most productive offense in the league and their O-line has improved. Cavillo has a pretty quick release so we'd better make sure we don't play zone with Cahoon or he'll eat us alive.

DH 8)
Maybe they will have no problem with the time zone now, just the millenium.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Just want to point out that Calvillo has more rushing yards in 9 carries than our starting rusher does in 24 carries.

Calvillo - 9 carries for 87 yards
J. Smith - 24 carries for 81 yards

So thinking he is an easy sack in the making might be a misnomer
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Big Time
Champion

Calvillo is a statue out there. He might be one of the most immobile QB's in league history! Something tells me Joe Smith will have more rushing yards than AC will by the end of this season.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Talk about tough love. Most coaches just make you run laps when you blow a lead and lose a game!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!!! Brilliant! :beauty: :lol:
Real women wear orange!!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:As long as we get the "W" I really don't care.
Seconded. Never take any opponent for granted.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Are the Lionbackers that confident the Lions will win that we are taking predictions on the number of sacks ?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
:rotf:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.