Joe Smith better have a 500 Yard game Friday

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

firstdown45

Joe Smith had better have a 500 Yard night Friday; it's time for him to ROAR and make a Statement to the Lions organization and to the fans.

I think we can all agree if he wants to put this Funeral stuff in the rear view mirror, he might as well make a Statement to everyone Friday rather than later or never again.

Can we all agree on this? :beauty:
Bosco
Team Captain

firstdown45 wrote:Joe Smith had better have a 500 Yard night Friday;
There's a bit of realism for ya! :roll:
No Ka Oi
Starter

There were probably 10 or 20 other players in the Lion organization not at the tribute, I would expect Skeres to provide us with a detailed list, not just single out Joe. Also the entire Bomber team and mgt were absent, as well as about 20,000 fans who left early before the ceremonies. I would expect an apology or a 500 yd game Friday from them also.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

No Ka Oi wrote:There were probably 10 or 20 other players in the Lion organization not at the tribute, I would expect Skeres to provide us with a detailed list, not just single out Joe. Also the entire Bomber team and mgt were absent, as well as about 20,000 fans who left early before the ceremonies. I would expect an apology or a 500 yd game Friday from them also.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

firstdown45 wrote:Joe Smith had better have a 500 Yard night Friday; it's time for him to ROAR and make a Statement to the Lions organization and to the fans.

I think we can all agree if he wants to put this Funeral stuff in the rear view mirror, he might as well make a Statement to everyone Friday rather than later or never again.

Plus 15 touchdowns, and none of them on those crappy 1 yard plunges either... :sigh:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

At this rate, he'd best be tossing a 90-yard TD pass to himself!
(\__/)
ziggy
Legend

Soundy wrote:At this rate, he'd best be tossing a 90-yard TD pass to himself!
And pick off a couple of interceptions while playing iron man
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Soundy wrote:At this rate, he'd best be tossing a 90-yard TD pass to himself!
Firstdown45 has been tossing himself for years........
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
firstdown45

and if Smith lays an egg Friday night, where does this put his situation?
Big Time
Champion

Probably means he'll be off shopping, or pop can collecting or whatever it is that he normally does while the Lions start Logan in his place for the next game.
wildthing
All Star

firstdown45 wrote:Joe Smith had better have a 500 Yard night Friday; it's time for him to ROAR and make a Statement to the Lions organization and to the fans.

not sure what the big deal is. Joe Smith felt he didn't need to attend the memorial. That is his choice, it is not disrespectful in the least. It is more disrespectful to attend something like that when you feel you shouldn't or do not want to be there. Many people handle death and memorials in different ways Joe may be one of those that does not like the big group memorial type thing and prefers private respects.
Lionsfan1976
All Star

I've seen a lot of really odd posts on this board over the years. You, my friend, just cracked the top 3. Congratulations, your t-shirt is in the mail. :roll:
Shaggy
Starter

So, since he came up a few short of 500 yards, I guess he should be gone now huh?

Great game by Joe tonight. He did it on the field, and in clutch situations too.
Hopefully we can all get past this issue now.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Shaggy wrote:So, since he came up a few short of 500 yards, I guess he should be gone now huh?

Great game by Joe tonight. He did it on the field, and in clutch situations too.
Hopefully we can all get past this issue now.
:whs:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
(\__/)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Shaggy wrote:So, since he came up a few short of 500 yards, I guess he should be gone now huh?
That's why chimp120firstdown is not the Lions head coach.