Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

me i got one. it looks just like Jason
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Saw a ton of them left after the game.... but they weren't giving them to anyone without a voucher, despite us being quite late leaving and not a lot of people left. The kicker is, the friends I met were there within 15 minutes of doors opening, they weren't given vouchers. They weren't impressed.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:me i got one. it looks just like Jason
Congrats, DFP! And you were lucky that the organizers changed their policy from last year as they did not only give them to those 12 and under.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
woody
Champion

Soundy wrote:Saw a ton of them left after the game.... but they weren't giving them to anyone without a voucher, despite us being quite late leaving and not a lot of people left. The kicker is, the friends I met were there within 15 minutes of doors opening, they weren't given vouchers. They weren't impressed.
When i was getting my bobble head the lady in front of me got one after she told the guy she never got a voucher.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The kiosks ran out in minutes after the doors opened. They were going for 15.00 BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:The kiosks ran out in minutes after the doors opened. They were going for 15.00 BB
It was crazy. My son is a big Clermont fan so we got to the Stadium around 5:45 and were about 20 deep in the line-up at gate "A." So no problem right? Well, this is also where the suite entrance is located and they get access to the stadium 90 minutes prior to kickoff, as do the other lounges.

So the poor game day volunteer is being converged upon by about 20 fans at a time as they come through the revolving doors and he was already out of vouchers at 6:05. We slid further down and were fortunate enough to get a couple from another overwhelmed volunteer who must have had 30 people on top of him and more swarming towards him.

So how many actually have access to the stadium before the gates open for the rest of the fans? I'm guessing at least a 1,000 vouchers were already gobbled up.

It's a terrific promotion and it should be noted the Lions paid for this entirely themselves with no advertising on it what so ever,unlike Rogers sponsoring the Simon bobblehead a year ago. But you know there are going to be problems giving out only 3,000 when you have a crowd of 35,000-plus. And it sure put their volunteers in a stressful situation.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:The kiosks ran out in minutes after the doors opened. They were going for 15.00 BB
There was a table by gate D after the game, they still had *dozens*.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The Lions office in Surrey will be getting some soon. 15.00 each. Use your Orange card for a discount. BB
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Clermont is one of my favourite Lions so I got there EARLY. I was third through the doors at GateA. As noted earlier (SammyGreene) the Volunteers were swamped. A lot of people behind us were scoping out their 'doubledipping' chances. I just took my voucher and headed off to Henry's Chicken for dinner (I was starved after waiting in line). As the fourth quarter began, we took off to go pick up the bobblehead. People were coming down the ramp holding 6 (thats right SIX) bobbleheads. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and guess they volunteer to pick up other attendees bobbleheads for them.

I cracked my bobblehead box open right upon getting home. I know that one day this free bobblehead maybe worth big bucks but I doubt it. BTW, the guy ahead of me in line to get into the stadium reported that the Bay Downtown has some autographed Clermont posters. I'm not going to bother, but if anyone wants a Clermont autograph, go by and see if he was being straightup.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The Lions may have a few to sell at their annual merchandise sale on Nov. 29th.
David
Team Captain

I'm never quite sure what everyone finds so appealing about Gate A. :???: There was about 600 people queued up there at 5:45pm, so I simply walked around the back of the stadium where there were maybe 30 people standing in line.

It's not rocket surgery, folks (if you'll allow me to mix my metaphors). :wink:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:I'm never quite sure what everyone finds so appealing about Gate A. :???: There was about 600 people queued up there at 5:45pm, so I simply walked around the back of the stadium where there were maybe 30 people standing in line.

DH 8)
Because Gate A is the first one off Beatty. That always happens every game. Not one to be too bothered with giveaways, I showed up a few minutes before kickoff with a huge lineup (couple hundred I would guess) at Gate A, people waiting just to get in. I walked an extra 20, maybe 30 seconds over to the next gate (H), got my ticket scanned instantly and waltzed straight in, no lineup whatsoever.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

David wrote:I'm never quite sure what everyone finds so appealing about Gate A. :???: There was about 600 people queued up there at 5:45pm, so I simply walked around the back of the stadium where there were maybe 30 people standing in line.

DH 8)
David You dont want to let out the best kept secret. BB
David
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:

DH 8)
Because Gate A is the first one off Beatty. That always happens every game. Not one to be too bothered with giveaways, I showed up a few minutes before kickoff with a huge lineup (couple hundred I would guess) at Gate A, people waiting just to get in. I walked an extra 20, maybe 30 seconds over to the next gate (H), got my ticket scanned instantly and waltzed straight in, no lineup whatsoever.

Oh, I know why the line-ups are huge outside Gate A prior to kick-off. It's the main gate, right near Terry Fox Plaza, the Beatty Street Block Party etc. I was kind of being facetious. I just don't understand why people don't walk 2-3 minutes around the stadium where it's relatively line-up free - with 24K season ticket holders, we're not talking all newbies here. IMO, the Lions should have staff directing people.

Still, the situation was 10x worse at Grey Cup with the larger crowd AND all the out-of-towners.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
sj-roc wrote:

DH 8)
Oh, I know why the line-ups are huge outside Gate A prior to kick-off. It's the main gate, right near Terry Fox Plaza, the Beatty Street Block Party etc. I was kind of being facetious. I just don't understand why people don't walk 2-3 minutes around the stadium where it's relatively line-up free - with 24K season ticket holders, we're not talking all newbies here. IMO, the Lions should have staff directing people.

Still, the situation was 10x worse at Grey Cup with the larger crowd AND all the out-of-towners.

DH 8)
It's human nature... follow the crowd. I bet some of them even end up walking halfway around the stadium to get to their seat once they get past the gate. So they end up waiting upwards of ten minutes in an unnecessary lineup, and then probably take ten more minutes negotiating the concourse crowds after that when it would likely be far faster to enter through a gate closer to their seat. I believe season tickets even have the gate closest to that seat identified on them, but nobody pays attention to that stuff.

The fact that most if not all of the available parking downtown is on that side of the stadium probably doesn't help either.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.