Passaglia signed football??

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

Does anyone really believe this? It is an NFL ball and the description is the BC Quarterback signed it on the way to the team winning 1995 GREY CUP!!??? :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-LIONS-Lou-Passag ... dZViewItem
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

How dumb does the seller think people are?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

He apparently thinks they're $600 worth of stupid...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Just sent the guy a question:
I have a few questions:

1. Who is Lou Passaglia? Is he any relation to the Lions' kicker, Lui Passaglia?

2. And why would he be signing an NFL football?

3. In what universe did the Lions win the Grey Cup in 1995? Because in THIS universe, Baltimore beat Calgary for the '95 Grey Cup.

4. Just how stupid do you think people are, anyway?
(\__/)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

The writing looks like it matches from some autographs Lui signed for us, for what it's worth.

And perhaps the seller is not quite as up on CFL football as some here are. Perhaps an NFL ball was all he had with him at the time.

It's not likely that you are interested in the ball, or that he would answer your questions as currently worded.

Perhaps reporting the seller to eBay might have been a more reasonable response?
nelson95
Legend

Seller is in Prince George

:lol:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Just sent the guy a question:
I have a few questions:

1. Who is Lou Passaglia? Is he any relation to the Lions' kicker, Lui Passaglia?

3. In what universe did the Lions win the Grey Cup in 1995? Because in THIS universe, Baltimore beat Calgary for the '95 Grey Cup.

Have you got a response ? :wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Not yet. Don't really expect one either, except for maybe a poorly spelled, "ya wtf do u no, looser" or something.
(\__/)
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:The writing looks like it matches from some autographs Lui signed for us, for what it's worth.
Which could be readily copied...
And perhaps the seller is not quite as up on CFL football as some here are. Perhaps an NFL ball was all he had with him at the time.
Brought an NFL ball to have Lui sign it? Sure, it could happen... for $600, I would expect a game-used ball.
It's not likely that you are interested in the ball, or that he would answer your questions as currently worded.
Correct, and I'm really not expecting a response.
Perhaps reporting the seller to eBay might have been a more reasonable response?
Sure, but where's the fun in that?
(\__/)
lion24
Legend

I would say it is not out of the realm of possibility to have an NFL ball signed by Lui, but the description of the ball and Lui as the QB of the 1995 Grey Cup champs AND the price is not helping to sell the ball :thdn: :roll:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
lion24
Legend

Soundy wrote:Just sent the guy a question:
I have a few questions:

Hey Soundy.........interesting to see the seller has now changed the description :lol: :lol:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Guy still can't seem to make up his mind...
He finished the season with 195 points, the 3rd highest point total in a season during his career.

Lui P. made 194 points, which was the fourth highest total of his career
Never did get a reply. *shrug*
(\__/)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Scroll down to the bottom of the listing. Your questions are answered. Bb
Wear orange or wear nothing
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Interesting.
Q: I have a few questions: 1. Who is Lou Passaglia? Is he any relation to the Lions' kicker, Lui Passaglia? 2. And why would he be signing an NFL football? 3. In what universe did the Lions win the Grey Cup in 1995? Because in THIS universe, Baltimore beat Calgary for the '95 Grey Cup. 4. Just how stupid do you think people are, anyway? Dec-10-07
A: Thanks for the info regarding the Listing errors I have corrected them and the Ball even thou a NFL ball still has value as Lui Passaglia was one of the best the BC Lions Had

Q: FYI, The Lions never went to the grey Cup in 1995 and an NFL ball signed by a CFL legend is not worth very much and may not even be his signature. Good Luck Dec-10-07
A: Thanks for the info regarding the Listing errors I have corrected them and the Ball even thou a NFL ball still has value as Lui Passaglia was one of the best the BC Lions Had
Way to cover your ass. :thup: :roll:
(\__/)