Eskimos call 130 newsconference, major announcement!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gforce in Edmonton
Rookie

Press release says major announcement to changes in the coaching staff.....
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
maddeep73
Champion

major announcement
"We suck, and it all starts with our coaches... if anyone wants to watch the West Final with us we have set up some tv's at the golf course. There'll be a few drink specials to numb the pain."

Major Announcement over.
Keepin' it real
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Speculate away! Do they fire Howdy Doody, kick him upstairs, or do they simply throw Chap and perhaps another assistant under the bus and hope that's enough to keep the fans and media at bay?
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:Speculate away! Do they fire Howdy Doody, kick him upstairs, or do they simply throw Chap and perhaps another assistant under the bus and hope that's enough to keep the fans and media at bay?
I am going with the latter as the league would step in if they got rid of Maciocia, as that would undermine the playoff race and draw media attention to a negative. Chapdelaine and their ST coach Squires potentiall, even then it may not be what the CFL would want during this high profile time.

At least it sounds like a move in Edmonton and that is something that they need to do desperately in order to keep the ST base thinking that they are trying to correct the situation.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Gforce in Edmonton
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
Lionut wrote:Speculate away! Do they fire Howdy Doody, kick him upstairs, or do they simply throw Chap and perhaps another assistant under the bus and hope that's enough to keep the fans and media at bay?
I am going with the latter as the league would step in if they got rid of Maciocia, as that would undermine the playoff race and draw media attention to a negative. Chapdelaine and their ST coach Squires potentiall, even then it may not be what the CFL would want during this high profile time.

At least it sounds like a move in Edmonton and that is something that they need to do desperately in order to keep the ST base thinking that they are trying to correct the situation.

No announcements are allowed in Grey Cup week, anything else is fair game I thought?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Chapdelaine and Rick Campbell I would guess, as well as awarding DM the Victoria Cross for valour.

:wink:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Image
:lol:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:

What do the Eskimos care what the league thinks? Coaches get fired all the time, it's not going to reflect negatively on these games. They have season tickets to sell, and what better time to tell everyone you're serious about the franchise regaining it's respect then at the biggest time of the football season, with the biggest games coming up. I can see your point if they announced it during Grey Cup weekend or something.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:
Rammer wrote:

What do the Eskimos care what the league thinks? Coaches get fired all the time, it's not going to reflect negatively on these games. They have season tickets to sell, and what better time to tell everyone you're serious about the franchise regaining it's respect then at the biggest time of the football season, with the biggest games coming up. I can see your point if they announced it during Grey Cup weekend or something.
The CFL has asked in previous years to hold off on all the coaching moves OS99 during the playoff time period, that is all.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Stui

I think it's like the Higgins/Hufnagel deal. It's one of the worst kept secrets in the CFL, and Chapdelaine (and possibly another sacrificial lamb) will be thrown under the proverbial bus and made waste of.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Aren't Higgins and Hufnagel a Calgary story, not an Edmonton one ?
D
Team Captain

I like things the way the are in Edmonton .... why make changes?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
joesports
All Star

From the Esks website:

[quote]Esks announce changes to coaching staff
11/13/2007

(Edmonton) Edmonton Eskimo Head Coach and Director of Football Operations Danny Maciocia announced today that the club has terminated the contract of Offensive Coordinator and Associate Head Coach Jacques Chapdelaine and will not renew the contracts of Offensive Line Coach Carl Brennan and Special Teams Coach Scott Squires.

Maciocia says, “We fell short of expectations in several areas this past season and we felt it necessary to go in a new direction. I want to thank Jacques, Carl and Scott for their commitment and wish them every success in the future.â€
joesports
All Star

[quote] I’m confident that we have a solid foundation and believe that Coach Maciocia has the ability to get us back on the winning track.â€