Locker Room Sale?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan
Rookie

Got there at 7:15 this morning and was 9th in line.

I got

Game worn White Paris Jackson jersey $250
Game worn Orange Joe Smith helmet $300
Used practice ball $40
Also got the wife a shirt, some Christmas ornaments and one of those mini Grey cups.

All together spent about $650.

I noticed that there were alot less game worn jersey's and helmets for sale compared to last year.
lion24
Legend

Again, I will ask the question.........did someone get something nice for me??? :cr: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
David
Team Captain

Dan wrote:I noticed that there were alot less game worn jersey's and helmets for sale compared to last year.
I was there twice today. I was about 40th in line just after 8:00am, then went back around noon to pick up the orange Joe Smith jersey I won on auction. From what I could determine, the club withheld some items and made them available later. For example, an away Tyrone Williams jersey was on display at noon as was an orange Ian Smart helmet. I suppose, while they obviously want to give those paying their freight first crack, they also want to make it a worthwhile event for others in their fan base. I can't argue with that logic.

Overall, a first-class event held in the lower level of BC Place (in a banquet room). Jamie Taras was there to greet, Bob Ackles was signing books, lots of staff and volunteers available to answer questions and process purchases, and Lyle Green + Angus Reid were on hand to sign autographs. Items were really well posted and prices clearly marked, and they even went to the trouble of hanging old Lions photos on the walls (from the Bob Ackles collection?). Alas, Christmas music played in the background to subtley remind frenzied shoppers that it's gift-giving season.

Just how much more popular are the Lions now than the Adam Rita/Damon Allen era? I recall standing in line at the Surrey practice facility in the those days with about 25-30 other die-hards waiting for the doors to open. Today, I would conservatively estimate that about 300 people must have walked through the doors from the time they opened their doors at 9:15am until I left (the first time) at about 10:00am. :shock:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:Again, I will ask the question.........did someone get something nice for me??? :cr: :wink:
I got you the NOISE sign autographed by 120dB and Chimpy
Soundy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
lion24 wrote:Again, I will ask the question.........did someone get something nice for me??? :cr: :wink:
Two signatures in the same handwriting, or just one?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
.G.
All Star

did anyone happen to pick up the buck pierce jersey? i might just end up calling the lions office on monday if nobody knows
MABEY!
LFITQ
Team Captain

Items were really well posted and prices clearly marked, and they even went to the trouble of hanging old Lions photos on the walls (from the Bob Ackles collection?).
If this was in the banquet room in the lower level just off the food court area, those pics were up on display in there for the David Braley Brunch just before the Western final. I'm gonna guess they are up there permanently now, as they were up for another engagement before a Lions game as well.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
sfaytok78
prospect

Does anybody know if Barron Miles' jersey or helmet sold?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
Two signatures in the same handwriting, or just one?
Two headed monster with one signature. :wink:
lion24
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
YES.........I was hoping for that :thup: :thup: I will paypal you the $1. :rockin:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

lion24 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
YES.........I was hoping for that :thup: :thup: I will paypal you the 1 CENT :rockin:
Now now, you don't want to give LionKing a ton more money than what he payed....I'll fix your post for you.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
lion24
Legend

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
lion24 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:
YES.........I was hoping for that :thup: :thup: I will paypal you the 1 CENT :rockin:
Now now, you don't want to give LionKing a ton more money than what he payed....I'll fix your post for you.
thanks.......I was just trying to be generous with Christmas and all!!?? :lol:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Yeah David, times have changed for sure. The biggest change is the prices they are asking for things. After my Grey Cup expenses, I decided to pass on this years sale, because the only items I would be interested in were a little too steep.

With ticket price increases yearly, locker room "sale" prices rising, the Lions are continuing down the road of pricing out the common fan. Just three years ago, my game/grey cup worn Antonio Warren jersey was purchased for 150.00. :sigh:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Yeah David, times have changed for sure. The biggest change is the prices they are asking for things. After my Grey Cup expenses, I decided to pass on this years sale, because the only items I would be interested in were a little too steep.

With ticket price increases yearly, locker room "sale" prices rising, the Lions are continuing down the road of pricing out the common fan. Just three years ago, my game/grey cup worn Antonio Warren jersey was purchased for 150.00. :sigh:
Actually, aside from the jerseys and helmets everything was really well priced, nothing was at face value.

Heck, they were selling 2005 Grey Cup shirts and hats for 5 dollars, in addition to the 2004 champions hats.

And IIRC, the prices have been the same for the last two years on jerseys or helmets.....can't wait til we win another Grey Cup because then the prices will be REALLY steep.

Grey Cup jersey for 150 wow...times have changed
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:Yeah David, times have changed for sure. The biggest change is the prices they are asking for things. After my Grey Cup expenses, I decided to pass on this years sale, because the only items I would be interested in were a little too steep.

Actually, aside from the jerseys and helmets everything was really well priced, nothing was at face value.

Heck, they were selling 2005 Grey Cup shirts and hats for 5 dollars, in addition to the 2004 champions hats.

And IIRC, the prices have been the same for the last two years on jerseys or helmets.....can't wait til we win another Grey Cup because then the prices will be REALLY steep.

Grey Cup jersey for 150 wow...times have changed
That DOES sound cheap. I'm not sure you can even get a non-replica jersey, just fresh off the assembly line for that anymore.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.