Lions should start selling Playoff tickets NOW

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

Lions should start selling Playoff tickets NOW. They're guaranteed a home playoff date, as is Saskatchewan if Calgary loses today.

The Riders are already selling their playoff tickets, but of course theirs is a different situation.

The Lions want a big crowd, so start selling the tickets NOW and don't wait and wait and wait. There's no reason to wait now.

Heck, even if the ticket says "Date and Time TBA", I can live with that
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I agree, they should be made available now that we're officially guaranteed a game at home.
Rick James
Legend

120db should enroll in business school NOW! He's obviously a marketing genius!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

He'd have to pass kindergarten first...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Shaggy
Starter

120dB wrote:Lions should start selling Playoff tickets NOW. They're guaranteed a home playoff date, as is Saskatchewan if Calgary loses today.

The Riders are already selling their playoff tickets, but of course theirs is a different situation.

The Lions want a big crowd, so start selling the tickets NOW and don't wait and wait and wait. There's no reason to wait now.

Heck, even if the ticket says "Date and Time TBA", I can live with that

As a STH ( 7 of us ) we already have secured our tickets. ( Yet another perk of supporting a great team for an entire season ! )
We're also waiting on a possible seating upgrade, which takes time for them to workout, depending on how many STH's have gone for playoff tickets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for them to sell via Ticketmaster, I think they need finalized information.
Otherwise, people will get the info wrong, and then blame the club because they didn't know what date and time.
If they can sell a voucher, similar to a wristband, and for a a certain price-point, fine, but there may be more logistics involved than you or I are aware of.
Furthermore, it's tough to promote a game properly until you have a known date / time and more importantly, a known opponent.

Let's say we end up hosting the Western Final. Do you think Sask or Calgary fans will buy tickets until they know where they're playing and when?
If I'm a Sask fan and Calgary beats me in the Western Semi, then perhaps I'm stuck w/a ticket for a game I'm not as thrilled about seeing...

Also, you might want to wait until the Stamps actually lose.....
Burris is playing and they may beat Winnipeg you know. That's why they play the game.

I was unable to find the "crayon mode" to write my response. Hopefully he can still interpret it ... :wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Shaggy wrote:
I was unable to find the "crayon mode" to write my response. Hopefully he can still interpret it ... :wink:
(\__/)
Shaggy
Starter

:shock: LMAO... that is CLASSIC !! :rockin:
120dB
Legend

Can you do a crayon mode of my NOISE banner please? thank you
Shaggy
Starter

Why, did you eat your crayons and paste again? :wink:

You know, we could make up some banners at the next tailgate.... :rockin:
120dB
Legend

good, why don't you, so you can show everyone else on here that you're BETTER than everyone else, right?
Soundy
Hall of Famer

No... just better than YOU.
(\__/)
120dB
Legend

doesn't matter what Calgary does today, they can't catch BC so a home game is ours.

the only thing in question is whether Sask gets a home game, but even as such they're already selling tickets there.
Shaggy
Starter

120dB wrote:good, why don't you, so you can show everyone else on here that you're BETTER than everyone else, right?
Honestly, I was being serious about making up some banners at the next tailgate.
You've got the Murphy/Braidwood angle .... Evil Empire subjects galore. It's on TSN so use those initials...

I'm sure putting a few Lionbacker brains together, with some "liquid inspiration" would make for some great banners.

I don't believe I mentioned anything about being "BETTER" than anyone else.
Far from it. It appears I've touched a nerve w/you however, so I won't say anything else for fear you'll go "Abou-Mechrek" .....
120dB
Legend

I support any efforts to make more signs and banners. I appreciate your initiative. I hope there will be more banners at the game although mine won't be there. However, there are some people on this board that attack my banner no matter what I say.

They think that by reusing my butt quote in every post that I'm necessarily going to go away.

I ain't going away until they start showing me some respect
lion24
Legend

120dB wrote:I support any efforts to make more signs and banners. I appreciate your initiative. I hope there will be more banners at the game although mine won't be there. However, there are some people on this board that attack my banner no matter what I say.

They think that by reusing my butt quote in every post that I'm necessarily going to go away.

I ain't going away until they start showing me some respect
So what you are saying is you will go away if everyone is nice to you??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP