jarious

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

swervyn mervyn
Rookie

i admit i don't know football 1/100 as well as blitz but was i the only one praying for jackson to be pullled?without our defense and special teams we would ONCE AGAIN be dead in the water. when was the last time u saw the lions punt 12x in a game. this game should have been a blowout with a competent qb.does anyone really want jackson to take us to the cup when time after time he's passing for 20-50 yards per first half. i have no particular allegiance to any of our qb's but i want someone who can win a game from beginning to end and jackson has been riding the coat tails of an incredible team in every aspect except for passing.markus naslund could qb this team and win. there i said it :?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

swervyn mervyn wrote:i admit i don't know football 1/100 as well as blitz but was i the only one praying for jackson to be pullled?without our defense and special teams we would ONCE AGAIN be dead in the water. when was the last time u saw the lions punt 12x in a game. this game should have been a blowout with a competent qb.does anyone really want jackson to take us to the cup when time after time he's passing for 20-50 yards per first half. i have no particular allegiance to any of our qb's but i want someone who can win a game from beginning to end and jackson has been riding the coat tails of an incredible team in every aspect except for passing.markus naslund could qb this team and win. there i said it :?
That's the problem with Jackson. Sometimes he looks like Joe Montana out there and other times more like Hannah Montana.
Rick James
Legend

Jackson and the offense started off slowly, but its obvious Wally made the right call as the offense got better as the game wore on.

Don't forget that Commonwealth is a tough place to go into and win. Nobody is gonna roll over and let you take the two points.
Rammer
Team Captain

Rick James wrote:Jackson and the offense started off slowly, but its obvious Wally made the right call as the offense got better as the game wore on.

Don't forget that Commonwealth is a tough place to go into and win. Nobody is gonna roll over and let you take the two points.
The difference being a fast track at BC Place, if the Lions don't start off stronger, and take the gift two points, I will be very surprised.
Entertainment value = an all time low
chimpy

i admit i don't know football 1/100 as well as blitz but was i the only one praying for jackson to be pullled?without our defense and special teams we would ONCE AGAIN be dead in the water. when was the last time u saw the lions punt 12x in a game. this game should have been a blowout with a competent qb.does anyone really want jackson to take us to the cup when time after time he's passing for 20-50 yards per first half. i have no particular allegiance to any of our qb's but i want someone who can win a game from beginning to end and jackson has been riding the coat tails of an incredible team in every aspect except for passing.markus naslund could qb this team and win. there i said it

My response to this comment is that everybody has to remember the JJ is a third string Quaterback, he has done a remarkable job, no i do not think that he is going to play all the way to the grey cup, i think they are going to have to put in DD or BP along the way here, for us to win another Grey Cup, but the situation we are in is because of the team not one person.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

chimpy wrote:
My response to this comment is that everybody has to remember the JJ is a third string Quaterback, he has done a remarkable job, no i do not think that he is going to play all the way to the grey cup, i think they are going to have to put in DD or BP along the way here, for us to win another Grey Cup, but the situation we are in is because of the team not one person.
:whs:

That is a lesson well learned from 2005. Who is leading is not nearly as important as who is being led.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna let Buono make the decision. It is a decision made on a razor's edge. Unlike almost any other position, the QB cannot be substituted, rotated, or platooned easily. No wonder Buono is gray.

Part of what Buono is doing is still allowing Buck and Dave to heal properly. I doubt if Dave is really physically ready to play at a high level, let alone risk the unthinkable. The more time Buck gets to heal, the better for him and for the future of the Lions.

Never sacrifice the future for short term gain. That is one of Buono's strengths, always building for the future, even as he makes decisions for the present.

In terms of wins and losses, how are Buono's decisions working out so far? Are the victories worth the suffering, suffering that is inevitable working through the adversity we have faced this year? Jarious struggles somewhat and we win. What if Wally had the quick hook, and Buck goes in and gets hurt again? Or if Buck goes in, and the rust shows, and we lose? I would trust in Wally as we navigate through these tricky shores.

I support Buono's decisions and approach in this matter. IMHO Jarious will start again when the EE comes to B.C. Place, and I support that personnel decision. There might be developments that mean Buck or Dave gets to start on our road to the Grey Cup, but I hope that Jarious plays well enough to prevent that. And all this, for the good of the team.

Next year is an entirely different matter. At training camp, it will be wide open competition for the QB starting position again.
Blitz
Team Captain

support Buono's decisions and approach in this matter. IMHO Jarious will start again when the EE comes to B.C. Place, and I support that personnel decision. There might be developments that mean Buck or Dave gets to start on our road to the Grey Cup, but I hope that Jarious plays well enough to prevent that. And all this, for the good of the team.

Next year is an entirely different matter. At training camp, it will be wide open competition for the QB starting position again.
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
That is a lesson well learned from 2005. Who is leading is not nearly as important as who is being led.
Brilliant notahomer!!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Sometimes it's Jarious, sometimes it's the game plan, and sometimes it's the receivers.

Pulling the QB wouldn't have done very much in this situation, and you would have to alter the game plan on the fly to differentiate the arm strengths of the QBs involved.

So much of the offense is predicated on something that doesn't have much to do with Jackson - getting the running game established and humming early. When that doesn't happen (either by design as was the case in the earlier Winnipeg game at home, or by the defenses stacking the box and our passing game being rusty or ill called, as was the case this week) it's easy to point the finger at JJ.

But, at this point, he has to play his way out of the job. I think we're going to have to make peace with that.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

support Buono's decisions and approach in this matter. IMHO Jarious will start again when the EE comes to B.C. Place, and I support that personnel decision. There might be developments that mean Buck or Dave gets to start on our road to the Grey Cup, but I hope that Jarious plays well enough to prevent that. And all this, for the good of the team.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

:rockin:

There are those who have been gripping since the beginning of this season... we had some tense moments, some doubts, but we did what had to be done to gain us that intangible called the knowledge that if we stayed calm, and comitted to what we knew we could do, it would turn around as we knew it would, and we did.

These are the earmarks of a Championship team under Championship coaching, and although we did not have our best game we learned something ultimately more important about our team, our chances, and our destiny.

We learned that the team concept of standing behind one another would pay the ultimate benefit...that we would show up in the end like the Champions we are and win this game, and we did.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
David
Team Captain

What happened in this game is exactly what I predicted would happen - that the Eskimos would come out fired up. An aggressive, take-no-prisoners defense belies their shoddy 5-9-1 record. And to Rick James's point, there are no "Get Well" cards on the schedule and no team in this league is going to roll over and die.

I also had a hunch that Jarious might struggle in this one - just because I believe self-confidence is a slight issue for him, and it would very much be put to the test knowing that there are two very solid, reasonably healthy QBs on the sidelines waiting their turn. But that's the genius of Wally Buono; knowing his players' tendencies. So when he continued to go with JJ in the 2nd half, he became more relaxed, his reads were better, his throws were more accurate, and he put up some points. :thup:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I was worried about the outcome of this game as well but to pull JJ would have been the wrong move IMO. In the early going, the whole O unit looked out of sync. Their timing and execution was horrible. The O line looked ordinary as they did not create any running lanes for Joe nor did JJ have the time to really look down field for his 2nd and 3rd recievers. The Esk front 7 played a very inspired game and if wasn't for our DB's coming up with timely plays, the Esks would have walked away with a W. I'm with Wally, keep playing the guy who has got you here! The ST had another big game as Smart was able to return that punt for the winning TD by Geroy. Someone else also mentioned that the Leo's are not a good "early start" team as demonstrated by this game and the Al's game in Montreal. They better get their clocks adjusted for the playoffs!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I notice 120dB has stopped harping on about us not getting Casey Printers...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

He'll be back once he finds out that Casey was injured in this afternoon's game. He'll be very disappointed if Printers' unable to go against the Lions in 2 weeks.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:He'll be back once he finds out that Casey was injured in this afternoon's game. He'll be very disappointed if Printers' unable to go against the Lions in 2 weeks.
Sounds like CP will be fine, just saw on the Score ticker its just a Strained Labia, the same injury that knocked him outta the '04 WDF.
I have my head up my butt - 120db