An Ode to Dan Cloutier

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... utier.aspx
An Ode to Dan Cloutier

The Los Angeles Kings have placed legendary whipping boy goaltender Dan Cloutier on waivers, with the intention of sending him to Manchester of the AHL.

While Clooch's fall from grace isn't on par with the OJ Simpsons and Pete Roses of the sporting world, it is kind of amazing that a three-time 30 game winner (and the Canucks franchise leader for shutouts in a season, with seven) has been reduced to this.

As a Parliament-appointed poet laureate (what, you didn't know?), the KB has dedicated a series of haikus to the memory of Dan Cloutier.

We apologize
For the beachball picture that
We put on the Net.

If nothing else, Clouts
You set the bar really low
Luongo owes you

Your torn ACL
Didn't make a difference
We sucked anyway

You must have known that
Crow would stick it to you hard
Wait, that came out wrong

The KB must know
Remember that Porsche Cayenne?
Was that really you?

Too bad the weather
In sunny Los Angeles
Didn't make you better.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Vancouver - Former Graveyard for Goaltenders

Did any goaltender ever suffer as much as Dan Cloutier in Vancouver?

The poor guy.

He played his brains out and basically got killed.

And then he goes from the frying pan into the fire, leaving Vancouver for Los Angeles and a reunion with Marc Crawford.

I feel rather sad for Cloutier. I guess he just didn't have enough of what it takes to make it as a goaltender in the NHL.

At least he had those 3 30 win seasons with the Canucks.

By the way, if you access this website, the pictures are hilarious in a cruel kind of way.

GeroySimonFAN
All Star

really its too bad :(...I didn't mind Cloutier...there are other goalies who had rough times here too, If I recall Felix Potvin also ended up in LA at one time too and now is out of the league
Dan Russell
Legend

Never the same mentally after the "Lidstrom" incident. Didn't help that he had porcelain legs.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Vancouver - Former Graveyard for Goaltenders

Did any goaltender ever suffer as much as Dan Cloutier in Vancouver?

The poor guy.

He played his brains out and basically got killed.

And then he goes from the frying pan into the fire, leaving Vancouver for Los Angeles and a reunion with Marc Crawford.

I feel rather sad for Cloutier. I guess he just didn't have enough of what it takes to make it as a goaltender in the NHL.

At least he had those 3 30 win seasons with the Canucks.

By the way, if you access this website, the pictures are hilarious in a cruel kind of way.

dan was a bum. He was not NHL calibre, a product of Burkies inability to find us a goalie when we needed one. It didn't help that crawford had no clue how to handle goalies and made him his choosen one. I'm convinced we could have won a cup with the team we had with the WCE line at it's peak, they carried the goalie through the year but playoffs we couldn't count on him for nothing.

I hate him.
obs
Champion

I don't know why LA got Cloutier in the first place. I thought Garon would perform better than Clouts, and cost less.