Super Series Officiating

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

stansz
Champion

im not sure how many of you watched the super series, but the game 7 officiating (by the russian refs) was horrible. they miss multiple balatant calls (highsticks to the face, holds, late hits, dirty shots, etc) in the third period

absolutly disgusting refing
pumped!!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, it was pretty brutal. Russian team played a lot better too, though, to pull out the tie.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Sign them up for the CFL!!! 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

stansz wrote:im not sure how many of you watched the super series, but the game 7 officiating (by the russian refs) was horrible. they miss multiple balatant calls (highsticks to the face, holds, late hits, dirty shots, etc) in the third period

absolutly disgusting refing
exactly!
really disgusting bs refereeing
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Did you expect an evenly officiated game from Russian refs assigned to a Canada/Russia game in a series in which Russia had yet to register a point?

I've seen games that have had poor officiating. I think it was back during the Salt Lake Olympics. USA vs Canada for women's hockey gold. US official. Do you think she called the game even remotely close?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote: I've seen games that have had poor officiating. I think it was back during the Salt Lake Olympics. USA vs Canada for women's hockey gold. US official. Do you think she called the game even remotely close?
That was the most biased officiating I've ever seen in any sport. Great that the Canadian women won despite the the odds.
stansz
Champion

credit does have to be given to the russian team

the salt lake city games were pretty bad..but it also shows how good that team was
pumped!!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote: I've seen games that have had poor officiating. I think it was back during the Salt Lake Olympics. USA vs Canada for women's hockey gold. US official. Do you think she called the game even remotely close?
That was the most biased officiating I've ever seen in any sport. Great that the Canadian women won despite the the odds.
Do you remember Games 7 and 8 in Moscow in 1972, by chance LionKing? Baader and Kampala?