BC Lions, the First 50 Years

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Has been rewritten, repackaged, and reworked. It is an even better read than it once was, and now covers the 2006 Grey Cup Year.

John Wirtanen has gone out of his way to include player quotes and interviews, trace the history of both the BC Lions and organized football in British Columbia, and does it all in a newly organized format that is a joy to read and learn from.

A must for Lions fans, and those that aspire to be.

Have a look:
BC LIons the First 50 Years
Last edited by Solar Max on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Solar Max wrote:Has been rewritten, repackaged, and reworked. It is an even better read than it once was, and now covers the 2006 Grey Cup Year.

John Wirtanen has gone out of his way to include player quotes and interviews, trace the history of both the BC Lions and organized football in British Columbia, and does it all in a newly organized format that is a joy to read and learn from.

Have a look:
I also saw at the Lions office, the 30 years of Empire Stadium 1952 to 1982 for sale also. It chronicles the B.C. Lions at Empire Stadium by the same author and same format. A beautiful companion to the one L mentions. It was 40.00 also BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I have both, and they are tremendous reads. Good call, Bob. :thup:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I hope Chapters will sell this book at a good discount. Right now, they seem to only have the 45th year edition available.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Has been rewritten, repackaged, and reworked. It is an even better read than it once was, and now covers the 2006 Grey Cup Year.

Have a look:
Wow, Thanks Max!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
LFITQ
Team Captain

Solar, is the book significantly redone to warrant buying a second copy?

I've got both books by John but I'm not sure if I want fork out another $40 for a few extra pages. I'm not a big fan of "second editions" since University sucked my money with tricks like that.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Solar, is the book significantly redone to warrant buying a second copy?

I've got both books by John but I'm not sure if I want fork out another $40 for a few extra pages. I'm not a big fan of "second editions" since University sucked my money with tricks like that.
It's a complete revamp, both in format and content. It's a stand alone product, and superior to the first versions by far.
Robbie wrote:I hope Chapters will sell this book at a good discount. Right now, they seem to only have the 45th year edition available.
At present, the only way to find the book is through the Lions or online, so far as I know.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A great Christmas gift! :yes: