MLS/FC Toronto

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I just watched the first half of the FC Toronto-DC United game on Fox Soccer Channel. This is the first I have seen of FC Toronto. What impresses me most is that despite not having scored a goal in the last 7 games, the stadium is sold out, almost everyone is wearing red (except for a small section of DC supporters), and the atmosphere is great! Fans are standing, singing, chanting, etc. And the game is pretty entertaining as well.

Memo to Vancouver City Council... pull your heads out of your butts and embrace the idea of a privately funded soccer stadium that would become home to an MLS franchise one day very soon.
LFITQ
Team Captain

the stadium is sold out
I was watching the same game and couldn't make it through the entire first half, but did most of the way and it looked like a far cry from being sold out tonight. Remember the seats are painted with a white maple leaf and people wear red to the games so some of that red showing through are empty seats.

Mind you, sold out and full attendance are two separate things. We were commenting here how weird it was to see the stadium so empty as usually it is quite full.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??