David Beckham to get a special Grass field in BC Place?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

I phoned the Whitecaps today and understand that they'll put down a special Grass field inside the dome for the game October 3, I assume to appease his ankle.

Is not the turf in the dome right now adequate? I don't hear the Lions players squawking about the dome turf and BC Place paid $ 2 million for that new turf.

What sort of special Grass field would survive the dome environment? No sunshine though I suppose they'll have to keep it moist. And how would that interfere with Lions games? And why would the BC Lions not insist on adopting such a field afterwards? Probably cause it's extremely temporary...

So are they literally rolling out a special Grass field for David Beckham and his ankle? I'm sure the Spice girl will be pleased. I can just see her punching the air yelling "Go Turf Go!"

ticket sales currently at 45,000...
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

:sleep:
Smooth
All Star

is the game actually happening? I got so sick of it being over publicized that I'll admit I tried to tune it out. I heard he was hurt again/more/still and probably won't play and as a result the whole game would be cancelled.

nice team sport....our start is hurt, we're not playing.

I'm quite shocked to hear 45,000 people are attending, and I can't see them putting any special playing surface in to the dome just for this game, but hey, stranger things have happened.
smphantom
Legend

You heard wrong 120db. What they meant was, the Beckhams will be given some good 'ol BC "grass" when they are here.
Stay thirsty my friends.
120dB
Legend

At least Lenarduzzi is doing something Ackles can't: put butts in seats
smphantom
Legend

120dB wrote:At least Lenarduzzi is doing something Ackles can't: put butts in seats
:roll:

Well, if Ackles had the Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots or Seattle Seahawks come to BC Place to play 1 game against the Lions, there would be more butts in the seats than there will be for Beckham.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Great Question! :lol:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
lion24
Legend

smphantom wrote:You heard wrong 120db. What they meant was, the Beckhams will be given some good 'ol BC "grass" when they are here.
Exactly, when I saw the title "special" grass field the same thought came to me!! :lol: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Smooth
All Star

120dB wrote:At least Lenarduzzi is doing something Ackles can't: put butts in seats
This may be the least thought out comment I've ever seen. Give your head a shake. :bang:
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

"I have my head up my butt" - 120db
120dB
Legend

the only person with his head up his butt is Wally for not signing Printers
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:the only person with his head up his butt is Wally for not signing Printers
Your "man-love" for Printers is touching, it really is. I'm sorry things didn't work out better for you.

I suppose we'll lose you know for awhile until the WF when you'll jump back on the bandwagon and hope for lot's of people and noise.

Have a nice couple of months, and remember to come out of the basement sometime for air.
120dB
Legend

Hey know-it-all, when the Lions get their rears kicked out of the playoffs I won't be the only person second guessing Buono and his bonehead decisions.

The reason Casey Printers isn't here is because of Buono's ego
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

gee, the Casey Expert of all people doesn't know it wasnt Buono's ego.
IT WAS CASEY'S DECISION!!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

Hey know-it-all,
Gee I didn't even see KIA's name in a single post in this thread?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??