Canucks are Unveiling(sp) their New Uniforms on August 29th.

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... age=NHLPag

from their website
Canucks.com wrote: THE DETAILS

WHEN: Wednesday, August 29th

11:30 am - Tailgate Party

12:30 pm - Canucks Sweater Launch

WHERE: General Motors Place

Tailgate Party - South Plaza, General Motors Place

Canucks Sweater Launch - General Motors Place

WHO:

Chris Zimmerman, President and CEO, Vancouver Canucks

Dave Nonis, Sr. Vice-President and General Manager, Vancouver Canucks

Canucks Players

John Shorthouse, TEAM 1040

HOW:

Tickets are free and only available online through Ticketmaster.ca. Limit 4 tickets per order.
CANUCKS TO UNVEIL NEW HOME AND AWAY SWEATERS AT GENERAL MOTORS PLACE

The Vancouver Canucks announced today that they will unveil their new home and away sweaters to their fans and media on Wednesday, August 29th at General Motors Place.

Canucks fans are encouraged to join their favourite team for a tailgate party prior to the sweater launch at 12:30 pm. The tailgate party which begins at 11:30 am on the South Plaza will include free hot dogs provided by Grimm’s and Save-On-Foods, Coca-Cola beverages and Canucks prizing courtesy of McDonald’s and The Beat 94.5 FM Street Squad.

Canucks mascot FIN will be taking part in all of the activities and will be available for photos following the Sweater Launch on the South Plaza.

Tickets for the launch event are free and are only available online through Ticketmaster.ca, beginning at 10:00 am, today. Press Release

TAILGATE PARTY

Schedule of Events

11:30 am – Tailgate party on the South Plaza (close to Gate 7)
12:00 pm – Doors open, please enter through Gate 7
12:30 pm – Unveiling of the Canucks Sweater
1:00 pm – Canucks Team Store opens. Photos with FIN on the South Plaza.

The tailgate party begins at 11:30 am and will include free hot dogs provided by Grimm’s and Save-on-Foods, beverages by Coca-Cola, Canucks prizing courtesy of McDonald’s and The Beat 94.5 FM Street Squad.

BE THE FIRST

Dress to impress and be one of the first to own the newest Canucks jersey!

Pre-order your new Canucks Authentic or Premier jersey from the Canucks Team Store by calling toll free 1-877-414-1244 or go to http://www.canucks.com/teamstore for more information.

The unveiling will be hosted by John Shorthouse, Chris Zimmerman, Dave Nonis and Canucks players.

Tickets are FREE and are only available through Ticketmaster.ca. Limit of 4 tickets per order.

LAUNCH ON CANUCKS.COM

Watch the jersey launch live as Canucks.com broadcast straight to you for the first time right from General Motors Place.

We'll bring you the action right from the bowl and bring you behind the scenes at the post-event media press conference from the Canucks dressing room.

Tune in to Canucks.com on Wednesday, August 29th at 12:30 pm PST to watch the event and catch all the buzz of the new Canucks jersey with some of your favourite Canucks players and staff.
finally
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

Pre-order your new Canucks Authentic or Premier jersey from the Canucks Team Store
Are they serious? There is no way I would pre-order a jersey without first knowing what the heck it looks like.

I still haven't picked up the FreeWilly jersey ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

I had hopes in the Spring about the Canucks choosing Johnny Canuck as their new logo. It got some media attention on the internet. Wishful thinking no doubt.

I love the lumberjack "lumbering" down the ice. It rocks. :rockin:

However, I suspect it ain't gonna happen. :no:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:I had hopes in the Spring about the Canucks choosing Johnny Canuck as their new logo. It got some media attention on the internet. Wishful thinking no doubt.

Comments .......

My vote is :thup:
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:I had hopes in the Spring about the Canucks choosing Johnny Canuck as their new logo. It got some media attention on the internet. Wishful thinking no doubt.

The whale is going to return from what I have heard, forget about Johnny Canuck. BTW, I am onside with the JC emblem being front and centre.
Entertainment value = an all time low
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

It'll be the orca with the vintage colors and "VANCOUVER" written above the orca and the stick and rink logo on the shoulders.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i cant get tickets lol
nelson95
Legend

Soldout

Scalping?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

The Canucks brass has had a good laugh about all the designs on the net... which are wrong. All but one, but I wont say which.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

got em
they released more tix today
Balraj
All Star

Do urs say GA2?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yeah it means sit wherever the heck ya want
lol

i think the 2 means how many tix u bought I THINK
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:wink: :wink:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Holy gestalten, Batman! :lol:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.