Offence by committee

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lucky leo
Rookie

Offence by committee will be the lions down fall this year Wally made a hudge mistake by not bringing in a qualified co-ordinator, by watching this game it shows..... Secondly the lions are killing themselves with mistakes.. McCallum missed an easy field goal... Lions need to pick it up... in second half or they lose..
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

lucky leo wrote:Offence by committee will be the lions down fall this year Wally made a hudge mistake by not bringing in a qualified co-ordinator, by watching this game it shows..... Secondly the lions are killing themselves with mistakes.. McCallum missed an easy field goal... Lions need to pick it up... in second half or they lose..
I'm not a fan of the OC by committee but it is less the play calling in the first half than a lot of rust in the execution. DD looks in pre-season form.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

Chalk me up as one not liking the OC by committee idea at this point, but let me defend it in this game, for now.

The execution is so poor on the offence in this game that you can't really give a fair critique of the OC's play calling.

Dropped balls, poor blocking assignments, bad routes, lousy reads, weak throws all can make the best OC's game plan look like it was designed in kindergarten. And I think that is what we are seeing tonight so far.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Blitz
Team Captain

Chalk me up as one not liking the OC by committee idea at this point, but let me defend it in this game, for now.

The execution is so poor on the offence in this game that you can't really give a fair critique of the OC's play calling.

Dropped balls, poor blocking assignments, bad routes, lousy reads, weak throws all can make the best OC's game plan look like it was designed in kindergarten. And I think that is what we are seeing tonight so far.
Still jumping early on the offense by committee as the problem bandwagon I see! LFITQ is right...it isn't the play calling...and it's the same dam offense we ran last year other than a reverse to Simon!

It's simply execution...nothing more! Wally just said the same thing at halftime!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
midwestlion
Starter

Realese em all!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
lucky leo wrote:Offence by committee will be the lions down fall this year Wally made a hudge mistake by not bringing in a qualified co-ordinator, by watching this game it shows..... Secondly the lions are killing themselves with mistakes.. McCallum missed an easy field goal... Lions need to pick it up... in second half or they lose..
I'm not a fan of the OC by committee but it is less the play calling in the first half than a lot of rust in the execution. DD looks in pre-season form.
:whs:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

There are clearly some issues here that need to be resolved.

Dickenson from today's Province:
Sometimes with Jacques the guys had more of a comfort level. They knew what he was going to call. Steff gave us a good game plan, but when it's not working we've got to get off that plan.

I don't think we've established what kind of offence we want to be. Are we trying to be run team, a deep throwing but ball-control team? You can't do everything.
The Argos have a better D than the Lions will face for much of the season by why are they trying to re-invent the wheel here or trying to recognize their identity?

The offence has 11 of 12 starters back, including all-stars at several positions. Shouldn't it be more of a tweak job than anything else with new OCs who were assistants here a year ago?

I too don't think Dickenson hasn't looked sharp with his throws but even when he is struggling with that, his strength remains his field vision and not forcing the ball into coverage.

Did the Lions throw any balls in the intermediate (15-20 yard) range last night? I know the Argos are good at taking that away but surely at some point players of Simon, Clermont, Jackson and Simmons' ability can overcome coverage.

Sounds like there is lots of work to be done over the next week and, more importantly, Dickenson and Kruck getting on the same page.
lucky leo
Rookie

The lions didnt attack the field, they mostly did plays that were between 5-7 yards they diddn't really attack the argos defence with plays that were more than 15 yards. they did go deep a couple of times but really the lions need to attack, 5 yards plays will only get you so far..And I dont think Kruck nows how to call a game.....
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

The Lions seem to play right into the Argos strengths. Almost psyche themselves out before they start.

They did that with the grey Cup game too a couple of years ago.

" You have to run against the Argos and be patient with their D...take the small stuff they give you".

I agree with lucky leo.......ATTACK!!!