2007 Lions Game Day Giveaways, Promotions, and Events

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

The most important thing is did anyone get one for me?? :wink: :cr:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
pinkfreud

Robbie wrote:Good to finally see you in person, Susan. Did you pick up a pink tote bag?
It was good to have had a chance to meet you in person too Robbie. No, I didn't get one. I was late entering the stadium. Oh well.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

my dad got invited to sit in a box so my mom got to come and we got one
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Robbie
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:
Robbie wrote:Good to finally see you in person, Susan. Did you pick up a pink tote bag?
It was good to have had a chance to meet you in person too Robbie. No, I didn't get one. I was late entering the stadium. Oh well.
That's too bad. O'Shea, Charlene, BBGirl, Catseyes, what about the rest of you?
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Nope, late too. No big deal though. That shade of pink clashes with all my orange! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:
Soundy wrote:
lion24 wrote:I think this giveaway is sexist; maybe I wanted a pink tote bag :wink: :wink:
Maybe if you show up in a dress and spike heels, they'll give you one!
:rockin:
That's easy because that is my "get up" every friday night as I head out on the town!!! :wink: :wink: :lol:
You mentioned your girlfriend on various postings before, Lion24. So why don't you go the easy way and simply ask her to get one for you? (I hope that is what you ended up doing).

In return, you can get her a Geroy Simon bobblehead doll at the final home game if you are better at disguising as a 12-year old than she is.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Man, I'm stil choked about the bobblehead night giveaway. If I really wanted to raise a stink about it I could because all the schedules clearly state it's for the first 3000 "FANS." Nuts to that! So the ladies get their own night, the kids get two, what do us guys get? Next season there should be a BC Lions bar fridge for the first 3000 men. (a voucher that can be used to pick one up at a local Home Depot or other such location...actually giving the fridge in the stadium could cause problems). :wink:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Man, I'm stil choked about the bobblehead night giveaway. If I really wanted to raise a stink about it I could because all the schedules clearly state it's for the first 3000 "FANS." Nuts to that! So the ladies get their own night, the kids get two, what do us guys get? Next season there should be a BC Lions bar fridge for the first 3000 men.
Yeah, the Seattle Mariners are more fair in this regard as for Father's Day, they had this t-shirt giveaway for the first 15,000 dads. Last year, they had a barbeque set giveaway for the first 25,000 men.

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:Man, I'm stil choked about the bobblehead night giveaway. If I really wanted to raise a stink about it I could because all the schedules clearly state it's for the first 3000 "FANS." Nuts to that! So the ladies get their own night, the kids get two, what do us guys get? Next season there should be a BC Lions bar fridge for the first 3000 men.
Yeah, the Seattle Mariners are more fair in this regard as for Father's Day, they had this t-shirt giveaway for the first 15,000 dads. Last year, they had a barbeque set giveaway for the first 25,000 men.

I wonder if any of these guys showed up to collect a shirt for their hard work.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A reminder that the giveaway in today's game will be 15,000 team posters given out AFTER the game.

Last year when the post-game poster giveaway was held, many of you complained that by the time the game was finished and you made your way towards the exit, the posters were all handed out by then. And those of you who did get a poster mentioned that you left between five to ten minutes left in the fourth quarter. So if you want to assure yourself of getting a poster, then you may want to work your way towards the exit with five minutes left if the outcome of the game is not really in doubt.

Of course, if the game appears to be headed to an exciting finish to be decided on the last possession or in overtime, then it becomes difficult to head toward the exit. You can try running towards the exit, getting a poster, and instead of leaving the stadium, run back to your seat.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

They give a reward to fans who leave early? I don't like that, and I don't like the way the mini-Grey Cup giveaway was organized, with coupons given out before the game but not enough products on hand for those wanting to redeem them at the prescribed exit.

If they want to be fair with this giveaway, they would keep all the posters in their boxes until the final whistle blows. People who choose to leave early would get nothing.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:If they want to be fair with this giveaway, they would keep all the posters in their boxes until the final whistle blows. People who choose to leave early would get nothing.

:whs:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

:whs:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Here'a novel idea, why not hand out the posters to fans on their way into the stadium ?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Here'a novel idea, why not hand out the posters to fans on their way into the stadium ?
Some people are carrying enough stuff with them as it is -- coats, umbrellas, radios, binoculars, programs, etc. There's only so much room in the immediate vicinity of your seat to store these items without the added burden of a large poster. And it also avoids the risk of spilling beer/food all over it.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.