Lionbackers Football Team

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

If we were making a team who would fill the positions :wink:

Owner: D

GM:Orangeshoes 99

Coaches: Blitz,Rammer,Solar Max, ???

Media and Marketing: Rick (sports n' stuff)

Scouts:Robbie,David,Lion King,Lions4ever,Bosco

Players: open tryouts for all lionbackers

Team Psychologist: Pinkfreud

Cheerleaders(or team groupies :wink: :wink: )bbgirl, Charlene

Mascot:Ballistic Bob

Waterboy: me; and then i will work my way up and steal Orangeshoes99 job like Bob Ackles :wink: :wink: :lol:

any thoughts on other positions?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Robbie
Hall of Famer

lion24
Legend

sorry i wasn't around at the time, BIG HAND SLAP FOR ME :bang: :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Blitz
Team Captain

sorry i wasn't around at the time, BIG HAND SLAP FOR ME
It was a good idea lion24! The Lionbackers second string football team began in the last third of the 2005 season and ended just prior to training camp in 2006. It was created as a parody and a way to get a lot of regular posters on Lionbackers playing together on an 'internet' team. I had always hoped one day we'd get together for a fun scrimmage of touch football and a picnic..chicken and beer and all that.

The Lionbackers second string football team was undefeated during that time but it was folded as the Leos finally started to get it all together and there was no need to put pressure on them anymore. The threat of the Lionbackers second string football team taking over from the first string Leos was enough to propel the whole organization....coaches, players to take that final step necessary for us to win a Grey Cup.

While you weren't around Rammer was a hell of a quarterback and unlike Dickenson he got rid of the ball and avoided getting hit...mostly cause he still wanted to look pretty for the media! Of course a lot of that had to do with our offensive line and schemes. "D" was a great owner and never once threatened to fire the second string CFL commissioner. pinkfreud was more than just a team pscychologist...she doubled as an outside linebacker... and she not only could get into an opposition players head but she was also meaner than a wolverine!

Pigskin 53 gave pre-game speeches that made Rock Knute's oratory seem bland, lionut played middle linebacker like a junkyard dog, Solar Max could juke you right out of your spandex football pants on a punt return, and West Coast Blue was so cheap as a general manager that he could have signed any team for less than a third of the SMS!!

Should the Leos ever falter it might be a good idea to resurrect the 'second string Lionbackers team' and you would be the purrfect guy to inspire us to ease up on the beer and get working out again. By the way...Rammer was the only quarterback on the Lionbackers football team who had a guaranteed contract so you would be wise to make him the first string quarterback again cause West Coast Blue is still paying him (of course that wouldn't amount to a whole lot of beans)
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

PA announcer: 120dB
lion24
Legend

Blitz wrote:
sorry i wasn't around at the time, BIG HAND SLAP FOR ME
It was a good idea lion24! The Lionbackers second string football team began in the last third of the 2005 season and ended just prior to training camp in 2006. It was created as a parody and a way to get a lot of regular posters on Lionbackers playing together on an 'internet' team. I had always hoped one day we'd get together for a fun scrimmage of touch football and a picnic..chicken and beer and all that.

The Lionbackers second string football team was undefeated during that time but it was folded as the Leos finally started to get it all together and there was no need to put pressure on them anymore. The threat of the Lionbackers second string football team taking over from the first string Leos was enough to propel the whole organization....coaches, players to take that final step necessary for us to win a Grey Cup.

While you weren't around Rammer was a hell of a quarterback and unlike Dickenson he got rid of the ball and avoided getting hit...mostly cause he still wanted to look pretty for the media! Of course a lot of that had to do with our offensive line and schemes. "D" was a great owner and never once threatened to fire the second string CFL commissioner. pinkfreud was more than just a team pscychologist...she doubled as an outside linebacker... and she not only could get into an opposition players head but she was also meaner than a wolverine!

Pigskin 53 gave pre-game speeches that made Rock Knute's oratory seem bland, lionut played middle linebacker like a junkyard dog, Solar Max could juke you right out of your spandex football pants on a punt return, and West Coast Blue was so cheap as a general manager that he could have signed any team for less than a third of the SMS!!

Should the Leos ever falter it might be a good idea to resurrect the 'second string Lionbackers team' and you would be the purrfect guy to inspire us to ease up on the beer and get working out again. By the way...Rammer was the only quarterback on the Lionbackers football team who had a guaranteed contract so you would be wise to make him the first string quarterback again cause West Coast Blue is still paying him (of course that wouldn't amount to a whole lot of beans)
Could i get the dvd's of those legendary games!!?? :lol: :lol: At least the team lasted longer than the Halifax/Atlantic Schooners
pinkfreud

TheLionKing wrote:PA announcer: 120dB
Good one!

:lol:
MacNews
Team Captain

I call being all of the players' agents! 8)
Tighthead
Legend

MacNews - I was going to be the in house counsel...
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:PA announcer: 120dB
Thanks alot...you made beer come out of my nose.

Waaaaaay too funny!

:lol: :lol:
Charlene

Blitz wrote: I had always hoped one day we'd get together for a fun scrimmage of touch football and a picnic..chicken and beer and all that.
How was that going to happen? You don't reveal yourself!

Cheerleader...hot.
bbgirl
Legend

Ophelia should be made cheerleader too.
Charlene

"head" cheerleader

am i getting edited?
bbgirl
Legend

:lol:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Charlene wrote:
Blitz wrote: I had always hoped one day we'd get together for a fun scrimmage of touch football and a picnic..chicken and beer and all that.
How was that going to happen? You don't reveal yourself!
*BOOM*