New CFL Commissioner

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
Blue In BC wrote: Seriously, McDonalds as a corporate sponser wouldn't be bad. Deep pockets.
I beleive the relationship with Wendy's is still quite strong.
I'd settle for a Wendy's option instead of the White Spot option.

Wendy's has been a good sponsor for the CFL. But McDonalds is a bigger entity.

Maybe more importantly is that IMHO, they are bigger with the younger crowd. That might lead to some marketing to bring in new fans.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Great. So did bettman (nba) and we all know what a stupid ass he is.

I sure hope one of his first moves is not to put mcdonalds in our food consesions...

Forgive me if I'm skeptical.
After eating some of the food at BCP, McDonalds would be a step up and I hate McDonalds food.

Anything would be a step up from what they serve at the Dome now.

I did hear that they were going to be improving the food for 2007 though.

Seriously, McDonalds as a corporate sponser wouldn't be bad. Deep pockets.
Do what I do. Eat before or after the game. If you must eat at the game, stick to things that they can't screw up ie. chips, ice cream, peanuts.
I seldom have a chance to eat at a restaurant before the game. I go to the tailgate, but I'm not big at eating outside, so I tend to eat food inside BCP regrettably.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Blue In BC wrote: Seriously, McDonalds as a corporate sponser wouldn't be bad. Deep pockets.
I beleive the relationship with Wendy's is still quite strong.
I'd settle for a Wendy's option instead of the White Spot option.

Wendy's has been a good sponsor for the CFL. But McDonalds is a bigger entity.

Maybe more importantly is that IMHO, they are bigger with the younger crowd. That might lead to some marketing to bring in new fans.
This is precisely it. Add some CFL merchandise into Happy Meals and you have an instant marketting campaign to the younger crowd. Personally, with 2 young kids, I have enough McTrash toys, but I'm sure I could make an exception for CFL stuff ;)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:He certainly appears to have the credentials but does he have the approval of one David Braley ? :lol:
Exactly what I was thinking!! LMAO. Too bad Braley and Campbell have so much pull. At times, they seem to hurt the league.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote: The bad news, he is entering a culture of stupidity and arrogance and he will either get tired of the BS or be driven out. This has nothing to do with his credentials, just the complete inability of the Governors of the CFL to make a choice they can live with.
The good news is he is under no illusions. He has stated his first job as head is to get all the governors on the same page. Good luck. I hear saskatchewan's is cancerous.
I read that today how he views his first task. Granted he can't as an employee state what his priorities without confirmation by the Board, but herein lies the problem. If this is the first task - to get the Governors on the same page, same side and get their support for him, he is doomed already.

A number of posters when Wright was being wrung out had it right. Separate the football role, the Commissioner from the business side. The business guy can then work with the Governors and take direction but the Commissioner for football would need to a bit distant and independent from that so he can make appropriate rulings on football decisions. With so few owners in the CFL and an understandable divide between owners like David Braley who put their own money into the team and the community owners it is difficult to have both the business and the football side all rolled into one person.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
CB123
Legend

I think hes gonna be good because he has such a huge marketing background.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!