Bob Ackles' book - The Water Boy

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

Robbie wrote:
Bosco wrote:
hexx wrote:Amazon is taking pre-orders for Jim Taylor's biography of Matt Dunigan: Goin' Deep: The Life and Times of a CFL Quarterback
Dunigan's book should also be a good read - as he details the after effects of multiple concussions that forced him to retire in 1996.
I'm curious as to what Dunigan has to say about the 1988 Grey Cup. He will probably say it was the lowest point in his career, with the 1986 Grey Cup being a close second. The 1991 Grey Cup and the 713-yard passing game in 1994 must be the highlights of his memoirs, while his first Grey Cup win in 1987 must have been bittersweet.
I caught an interview with him on the 713 yards and he felt he should have had 900+ as he missed some opportunities!! The best part was that it was against the Esks!! :twisted:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Robbie
Hall of Famer

hexx wrote:Amazon is taking pre-orders for Jim Taylor's biography of Matt Dunigan: Goin' Deep: The Life and Times of a CFL Quarterback
Chapters is also selling it for $21.74.

Short link
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi Just recieved The Water Boy in the mail from the B.C. Lions and David Braley. Very cool. Seems all Season Ticket holders are getting a free copy. BB
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear orange or wear nothing
smphantom
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:Hi Just recieved The Water Boy in the mail from the B.C. Lions and David Braley. Very cool. One day Im down and the next Im back. Thnx again B.C. Lions. I hope everyone is getting one. BB
:?

You have to be kicked out of a game to receive a book? :?
Stay thirsty my friends.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

does this mean you dont need one from me now bob?
Ballistic Bob
Legend

sports & stuff----ric wrote:does this mean you dont need one from me now bob?
Ill spend it on something else.at your store on the 7th. thnx Bob
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear orange or wear nothing
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:Hi Just recieved The Water Boy in the mail from the B.C. Lions and David Braley. Very cool. One day Im down and the next Im back. Thnx again B.C. Lions. I hope everyone is getting one. BB

Nope... I got one, too.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Bosco
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote: Nope... I got one, too.
If all sason ticket holders get a copy, that is indeed cool! :rockin:
smphantom
Legend

smphantom wrote:

Ballistic Bob wrote:Hi Just recieved The Water Boy in the mail from the B.C. Lions and David Braley. Very cool. Seems all Season Ticket holders are getting a free copy. BB
Aaahh, now I get it.

Braley must have read the thread from earlier in the year about lame freebies to season ticket holders?

Soundy - if you don't want yours, donate it to your local library. :wink:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Charlene

What a nice surprise to get a copy in the mail today!

I stayed up til 2:30 reading last night...i guess i'll be up late again! :P
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I can't wait until I can get this book, it sounds fantastic. I'm trying my best to avoid all spoilers and excerpts because I want to go in knowing as little as possible so I can enjoy it from cover to cover without having already read a piece from it beforehand.
pinkfreud

So will I be receiving 4 like I received 4 sets of framed photo/coin combos?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:So will I be receiving 4 like I received 4 sets of framed photo/coin combos?
One book per account from the looks of it.

I've read 7 chapters of it so far!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

i guess im screwed now :bang: :bang:

glad they let me know before i brought in 75 copies for you
smphantom
Legend

sports & stuff----ric wrote:i guess im screwed now :bang: :bang:

glad they let me know before i brought in 75 copies for you
That sucks Rick.
We will have to spend the amount on other merchandise at your store.
Stay thirsty my friends.