good trade for the riders

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

pretty good pick up for the riders?
http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=15339
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
SammyGreene
Team Captain

An import receiver coming off a couple of mediocre seasons in a pass happy scheme. With all these cuts being made with the SMS... give Popp credit for getting anything for Anderson.

Even with it being a 5th round draft pick ... don't know what Tillman's logic is on this one unless he doesn't have faith in his scouting dept. coming up with some promising candidates from down south.
DerekDD
Starter

Yes its a good trade for the Riders. Our receiving core is now right up there with anyone else's in the league. It'll be Air Austin this year.
Rammer
Team Captain

DerekDD wrote:Yes its a good trade for the Riders. Our receiving core is now right up there with anyone else's in the league. It'll be Air Austin this year.
You do realize taht Austin is teh HC and KJ is responsible for getting the ball out to that receiving corps.
Entertainment value = an all time low
cromartie
Hall of Famer

DerekDD wrote:Yes its a good trade for the Riders. Our receiving core is now right up there with anyone else's in the league. It'll be Air Austin this year.
Air Austin.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sincerely,

Argo Fan
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

This might be good for the Riders but they have to have the ball before they can maybe capitalize. I suspect their troubles are gonna come on the D side of the ball. There is a lot of changes happening for them on that side and if they struggle defensively like I think they might, they may not be having the ball that much on offense. I think this where Kent Austin may be a weakness rather than a strength. He was an aerial minded offensive player and will be as a coach too.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

The Riders receiving corps will be better, make no bones about it. However, I still believe the Lions are better on the bottom end, so to speak.

If i had to rank the Riders with Thyron Anderson, they'd be in the 3-5 range, behind the Lions and the Als.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:This might be good for the Riders but they have to have the ball before they can maybe capitalize. I suspect their troubles are gonna come on the D side of the ball. There is a lot of changes happening for them on that side and if they struggle defensively like I think they might, they may not be having the ball that much on offense. I think this where Kent Austin may be a weakness rather than a strength. He was an aerial minded offensive player and will be as a coach too.
If what you are suggesting is true (Riders giving up alot of points due to their defence) we may very well see Air Austin
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I know Rider fans are high on their receiving corps but this is a sign that Tillman isn't. Besides MD, there's no one on that roster who is close to being a 1,000-yard receiver or scaring the opposition. Richardson could have been great if he got his head together and didn't get hurt last year.
Joshua

B.C.FAN wrote:
I know Rider fans are high on their receiving corps but this is a sign that Tillman isn't. Besides MD, there's no one on that roster who is close to being a 1,000-yard receiver or scaring the opposition. Richardson could have been great if he got his head together and didn't get hurt last year.
:lol:

MattD, Anderson, Flick, and Armstead have all been 1000 yard guys and Fantuz is the next great Canadian reciever. We are loaded at that position...it's the loss of KK that scares me.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
Air Austin.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sincerely,

Argo Fan
The rider entertainment channel, on basic cable no less. Why order the the full channel package?
DerekDD
Starter

Imo, Anderson hadn't even been properly utilized since he came back to Montreal after trying out for New Orleans. The Riders have dramatically upgraded the receiving core with speed, and will move Dominquez to slot this year.

Doubters don't realize it yet, but the Riders have been hamstrung for several years by a plodding, Danny Barrett offense that was hardly innovative in the passing game. Our slotbacks are going to control a lot of games this year, and the Riders would be more of a threat if we didn't lose our two DB's over the past week, Morgan and Bush. They will be tough to replace, especially Morgan.
David
Team Captain

DerekDD wrote:Imo, Anderson hadn't even been properly utilized since he came back to Montreal after trying out for New Orleans. The Riders have dramatically upgraded the receiving core with speed, and will move Dominquez to slot this year.

Doubters don't realize it yet, but the Riders have been hamstrung for several years by a plodding, Danny Barrett offense that was hardly innovative in the passing game. Our slotbacks are going to control a lot of games this year, and the Riders would be more of a threat if we didn't lose our two DB's over the past week, Morgan and Bush. They will be tough to replace, especially Morgan.
Granted, I didn't see every Rider game for the past couple of years, but I saw enough imagination in the playbook to not pin all of your offensive troubles on Danny Barrett. I think your problems are more with your starting quarterback, whom I would characterize as "adequate" but certainly not among the league's elite. I like your receivers though. :beer:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Joshua

DerekDD wrote:Imo, Anderson hadn't even been properly utilized since he came back to Montreal after trying out for New Orleans. The Riders have dramatically upgraded the receiving core with speed, and will move Dominquez to slot this year.

enter Rontarious Robinson and James Johnson
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Saskatchewan will battle Toronto this year for the final playoff spot in the East.

No QB.....no chance.