who will step up on the d line? and more on boden

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

just wondering who everyone thinks may step into the shoes of chris wilson on the defensive line this year?? and i don't know a lot about boden at receiver is he someone to look out for next year??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

The Lions thought enough of Boden to keep him on the practice roster last year and not return him to junior football. I believe and someone may correct me on this, had they activated him, then assigned him back to the practice roster he would have had to clear waivers, which is why he never saw game action.

He also was safe on the practice roster because of his age I believe.

He had a strong pre-season as well.

I would expect him to challenge for a roster spot this season. Watching him training camp and practices, he was very impressive and has great hands. Combine that with his citizenship and you see why along with the presence of Colon that Thelwell was expendable.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
lion24
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:The Lions thought enough of Boden to keep him on the practice roster last year and not return him to junior football. I believe and someone may correct me on this, had they activated him, then assigned him back to the practice roster he would have had to clear waivers, which is why he never saw game action.

He also was safe on the practice roster because of his age I believe.

He had a strong pre-season as well.

I would expect him to challenge for a roster spot this season. Watching him training camp and practices, he was very impressive and has great hands. Combine that with his citizenship and you see why along with the presence of Colon that Thelwell was expendable.

thanks orangeshoes99 i guess we may be good with boden,colon,jones on their way up. on our local team 1260 show they had a reporter on from sask(cannot remember his name) that seemed to think the clermont trade was about to come soon.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think Rick Foley will get a look at defensive end. He's got the athleticism but lacks experience.
Blitz
Team Captain

think Rick Foley will get a look at defensive end. He's got the athleticism but lacks experience
I think they will likely use an import at defensive end and rotate Foley in next season.

As for Boden I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the slotback who replaces Clermont in '08 (unless a trade comes sooner) and Colon replaces Thelwell.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:
think Rick Foley will get a look at defensive end. He's got the athleticism but lacks experience
I think they will likely use an import at defensive end and rotate Foley in next season.

As for Boden I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the slotback who replaces Clermont in '08 (unless a trade comes sooner) and Colon replaces Thelwell.
Foley would do well to replace McKay-Loescher. I can wish. As for Wilson's spot, Lancaster was brought in for that and I am sure one or two others will be also.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Boden looked very good in the home pre-season game last year. If we hadn't been so deep in the position, he might have actually challenged for a spot. How big is he? I"m sure he isn't Clermont size but does anybody know?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Boden looked very good in the home pre-season game last year. If we hadn't been so deep in the position, he might have actually challenged for a spot. How big is he? I"m sure he isn't Clermont size but does anybody know?
Josh Boden: 6'1", 205 pounds

Jason Clermont: 6'2", 227 pounds
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Bring Back Legault lol
2012 Season Ticket Holder
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Cameron Legault is a defensive tackle, not an end.
Blitz
Team Captain

Cameron Legault is a defensive tackle, not an end.
...and a light one..or at least he used to be!

I sure hope that we can find a defensive end who can really compliment Brent Johnson. Wilson finally did that at the end of last season and he did get lots of pressures during his two seasons here. McKay always played very well during his reps in the rotation and I always wished he had been played more.

Getting an excellent rush end for the defense has to be a priority in terms of recruting this off-season. At the same time I'm looking forward to seeing what Foley can do with more reps.

I'm most excited about seeing Johnson playing in Kidd's spot. I believe the guy is going to make an impact there!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I hope he remembers to give returners five yards before annihilating them. :wink:
Blitz
Team Captain

I hope he remembers to give returners five yards before annihilating them.
I hope he doesn't on at least one occasion... :wink: :wink:
OV - 54:40
Champion

Wonder if Mike Lindstrom will get a close look for a receiver spot - impressive testing numbers at the CFL Combine; are either of he or Boden able to step-up to compete for a playing time at receiver?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lindstrom will have a tough time cracking the roster as long as Brett Anderson is still playing.