Lions at the SMS Level

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Wally says that the Lions are right at the Cap, not much room to breath, but they don't have to dump anyone to get to the Cap. He expects other teams to have to dump salaries shortly to make the Cap level.

This was all on the TEAM radio with Rick Ball interviewing Wally at 2PM.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If the Lions are at the cap, then Buono will have to come up with some creative financing to sign Rob Murphy.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:If the Lions are at the cap, then Buono will have to come up with some creative financing to sign Rob Murphy.
I am thinnking that he mde Murphy an offer that he has included to be in that SMS level, and is what puts us right at the cap level. Don't ask me why, but just the way the sequence of questions went and how he answered them vaguely seems to lend itself to that being what we now have to interpret from the way Wally answers things.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Was he asked how negotiations with Murphy went yesterday?
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Was he asked how negotiations with Murphy went yesterday?
Yes, not much to offer Brian, but that he expects this to get settled sooner than later, which is why I think that he has included Murph's numbers into his SMS figure. He did say that they had to find a meeting point....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:If the Lions are at the cap, then Buono will have to come up with some creative financing to sign Rob Murphy.
I am thinnking that he mde Murphy an offer that he has included to be in that SMS level, and is what puts us right at the cap level. Don't ask me why, but just the way the sequence of questions went and how he answered them vaguely seems to lend itself to that being what we now have to interpret from the way Wally answers things.
Good point Rammer