morgan and samuels to esks

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

:x :x i know you were all expecting me to comment on my favorite team buying players again :roll: !i am sure they will be under the cap :roll: looks like huey may still be waving his magic wand somewhere in the background!!!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
squishy35
Legend

They will be dumping age and salary with the likes of Garrett and Brady; possibly Frank as well....
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Eskimos will be dumping a ton of older players. Frank already retired after the playoffs. Brady, Garrett, Wiltshire and many others will likely be gone before TC.

None of these guys worked cheap.

I'd say, their secondary will be younger and cost them less than in 2006.
lion24
Legend

i agree with these points but it still doesn't mean i have to like the eskimos!!! :x :x i guess you would have to live here to understand my feelings, this is my personal rivalry with the esks and i know many lion fans in bc probably do not have quite the feelings of ill will that i have which may yet drive me crazy someday!!! oh well that's the price of caring for the lions so much!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Blitz
Team Captain

i guess you would have to live here to understand my feelings, this is my personal rivalry with the esks and i know many lion fans in bc probably do not have quite the feelings of ill will that i have which may yet drive me crazy someday!!! oh well that's the price of caring for the lions so much!
I'm totally with you bro! I hate the Eskimos so much it's likely given me post-traumatic stress syndrome from watching them beat us so often in days of old. I was actually hoping that Vic Rapp could have gotten a hold of Huey Campbell...the little guy would have beaten him too! Of course this is all irrational thinking but everytime we beat the Eskimos it creates a feeling of pure joy, ecstacy, revenge, and almost an altered state of consciousness from the euphoria!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
eskinator
All Star

Blitz wrote:I'm totally with you bro! I hate the Eskimos so much it's likely given me post-traumatic stress syndrome from watching them beat us so often in days of old. I was actually hoping that Vic Rapp could have gotten a hold of Huey Campbell...the little guy would have beaten him too! Of course this is all irrational thinking but everytime we beat the Eskimos it creates a feeling of pure joy, ecstacy, revenge, and almost an altered state of consciousness from the euphoria!!!
Hey Blitz! Can't we all just get along? :? Hate is a very strong word. Oh well do as you must. :sleep:

I was at the game where Vic tried to get at Hugh. Took Sam Britts to hold him back.

Old stories. Great rivalries.

Seems your team is the top dog these days. You are the champions until someone tries to wrestle it from you.

Euphoria from beating the Esks? :lol: Really.
What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are - Epictetus
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm with Blitz on this one. I was at many of those games that the Eskies beat Vic Rapp's Lions. Memorable for all the wrong reasons.
eskinator
All Star

TheLionKing wrote:I'm with Blitz on this one. I was at many of those games that the Eskies beat Vic Rapp's Lions. Memorable for all the wrong reasons.
You would be with him 8) Expected nothing less from a Lions fan :lol:

Real memorable. Vic was a colorful character.
What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are - Epictetus
Rammer
Team Captain

eskinator wrote:
Blitz wrote:I'm totally with you bro! I hate the Eskimos so much it's likely given me post-traumatic stress syndrome from watching them beat us so often in days of old. I was actually hoping that Vic Rapp could have gotten a hold of Huey Campbell...the little guy would have beaten him too! Of course this is all irrational thinking but everytime we beat the Eskimos it creates a feeling of pure joy, ecstacy, revenge, and almost an altered state of consciousness from the euphoria!!!
Hey Blitz! Can't we all just get along? :? Hate is a very strong word. Oh well do as you must. :sleep:

I was at the game where Vic tried to get at Hugh. Took Sam Britts to hold him back.

Seems your team is the top dog these days. You are the champions until someone tries to wrestle it from you.

Just remembering that 'hate' in sports does not exactly mean the same thing to everyone who reads it. I take it as a sign of respect for the team that it is drected at, in a frustrating way.
Entertainment value = an all time low
eskinator
All Star

Well said bud!

Thanks for that Phil!

See you in the season.

Bri
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:i agree with these points but it still doesn't mean i have to like the eskimos!!! :x :x i guess you would have to live here to understand my feelings, this is my personal rivalry with the esks and i know many lion fans in bc probably do not have quite the feelings of ill will that i have which may yet drive me crazy someday!!! oh well that's the price of caring for the lions so much!
IMHO, from personal experience, when you live in a city where you cheer for a team OTHER than the hometeam.......you put up with a lot of razz/flak from hometeam fans when their team is doing well.......there's a "mob mentality" to this as you usually get "ganged up on".........the end result is that you find yourself hoping the hometeam struggles so you don't have to put up with the crap..........(based on my personal experiences with Bomber fans in Manitoba, who are some of the worst).
Lloyd
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
eskinator wrote:

Just remembering that 'hate' in sports does not exactly mean the same thing to everyone who reads it. I take it as a sign of respect for the team that it is drected at, in a frustrating way.
Good point......I think it's natural when a team does well for a long period of time, fans of other teams want to see them knocked off the pedestal.
Lloyd
lion24
Legend

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
lion24 wrote:i agree with these points but it still doesn't mean i have to like the eskimos!!! :x :x i guess you would have to live here to understand my feelings, this is my personal rivalry with the esks and i know many lion fans in bc probably do not have quite the feelings of ill will that i have which may yet drive me crazy someday!!! oh well that's the price of caring for the lions so much!
IMHO, from personal experience, when you live in a city where you cheer for a team OTHER than the hometeam.......you put up with a lot of razz/flak from hometeam fans when their team is doing well.......there's a "mob mentality" to this as you usually get "ganged up on".........the end result is that you find yourself hoping the hometeam struggles so you don't have to put up with the crap..........(based on my personal experiences with Bomber fans in Manitoba, who are some of the worst).

you hit it right on the head, i was told at work today the lions would not be able to pass on the esks secondary next year!! ok sure :roll:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:

you hit it right on the head, i was told at work today the lions would not be able to pass on the esks secondary next year!! ok sure :roll:
Hint: Agree with everything they say with a smile on your face and a chuckle........they'll be fully aware that you don't agree but will be powerless to push it any further.......if you become argumentative, they'll be on you, every chance they get.

Another thing........when the Lions do well, be humble in victory.......because they won't win every game and you'll hear about it when they lose.

Actually, it's the way to handle yourself on these boards as well, where there are fans of different teams. Act like an ass in victory and you'll get it chewed off in defeat.
Lloyd