Nautyn McKay-Loescher. A price too high?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Word is that non-import back up lineman and special teams player is peddling his wares for a plus six-fure contract across the league.

The Toronto native's asking price has already scared off his target markets of Hamilton and Toronto since the price may be too rich to invest in poetential.

Eight tackles on specials, five quarterback sacks and two forced fumbles were quality numbers, but on a team with the depth the Lions have he is easy to let go at that price.

Funny how Thelwell and Kidd have flown the coop, and McKay is next. The rumblings started at the Lions camp about the collective future of these guys with a third of the season left.

-J
Last edited by Jim Mullin on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Rammer
Team Captain

Jim Mullin wrote:Word is that non-import back up linebacker and special teams player is peddling his wares for a plus six-fure contract across the league.

The Toronto native's asking price has already scared off his target markets of Hamilton and Toronto since the price may be too rich to invest in poetential.

Eight tackles on specials, five quarterback sacks and two forced fumbles were quality numbers, but on a team with the depth the Lions have he is easy to let go at that price.

Funny how Thelwell and Kidd have flown the coop, and McKay is next. The rumblings started at the Lions camp about the collective future of these guys with a third of the season left.

-J
Correct me if I am missing somehting, but didn't McKay-Loescher play DL and not linebacker at anytime with the Lions. He should just sign a short contract for less, putting the pressure on with his performance, since he wasn't a starter in BC.
Entertainment value = an all time low
crburrows
Champion

No! NO! NOOOOO!!!!

I have his 2005 helmet!

:no:
crburrows
Champion

Rammer wrote:
Jim Mullin wrote:Word is that non-import back up lineman and special teams player is peddling his wares for a plus six-fure contract across the league.

-J
Correct me if I am missing somehting, but didn't McKay-Loescher play DL and not linebacker at anytime with the Lions. He should just sign a short contract for less, putting the pressure on with his performance, since he wasn't a starter in BC.
I'm pretty sure he was always on the line, and not at LB.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

My bad... was in a rush. Corrected now.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we expect to lose these guys?

Wally turns over about 25% of his line-up every year, doesn't he?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Thelwell and Kidd didn't flew the coop on their own accord. The Lions chose not to resign them.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we expect to lose these guys?

Yeah, that's what I was saying... the funny thing is you could see this coming in October.
maddeep73
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we expect to lose these guys?

Yeah, that's what I was saying... the funny thing is you could see this coming in October.

Turnover will not be that high this year. Coming off a championship season and with so many guys locked up, 15-20%, maybe.

As for NML? He was a very solid backup, who, with more playing time will be a solid starter, most likely. As is the case with most championship teams, the depth players want a shot themselves eventually. Good luck to him.
Keepin' it real
Lionut
Hall of Famer

If this guy isn't careful, he could be this year's Chris Burns. Burns was looking for big money to re-up in Ottawa for '05, and the Renegades weren't prepared to pay it. As a Canadian offensive lineman, he thought that other teams would be prepared to meet the price, only to discover that no one else was interested in signing him at 120-125K a year either. He ended up sitting out most of the year. He was finally signed in BC late in the year, but didn't fit in, and was cut pretty quickly. He is now done in pro football.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:If this guy isn't careful, he could be this year's Chris Burns. Burns was looking for big money to re-up in Ottawa for '05, and the Renegades weren't prepared to pay it. As a Canadian offensive lineman, he thought that other teams would be prepared to meet the price, only to discover that no one else was interested in signing him at 120-125K a year either. He ended up sitting out most of the year. He was finally signed in BC late in the year, but didn't fit in, and was cut pretty quickly. He is now done in pro football.
A very good example Lionut, he is the poster boy for asking beyond your worth.
Entertainment value = an all time low
120dB
Legend

I'm hoping Tony Simmons will be on the roster. Who has to be cut to allow Simmons to stay?

Casey Printers to Tony Simmons would be a lethal threat for us. And yes, I still think Printers will sign with us, but later in the year.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote: And yes, I still think Printers will sign with us, but later in the year.
And I think the Easter bunny will be making an appearance in April.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Who has to be cut to allow Simmons to stay?
Some young kid they bring in to training camp, who obviously wouldn't be cracking the roster anyways...........
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

McKay apparently signed for 90k in Hamilton, short of the 100k he was looking for. Can't blame him for trying tho.