Monster Truck sells out in Atlanta; but not here

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

I understand from the GeorgiaDome site that their Monster Truck show is sold out, 70,000 sold.

Yet here it barely draws 20,000. When they served alcohol they sometimes would draw 55,000 here. Let's go back to serving alcohol at Monster Truck!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Wikipedia once said that the two biggest markets in Canada for Monster Truck Madness shows are Toronto and Edmonton. Every January, they put on five shows at the Tacoma Dome to decent sized crowds.
Bosco
Team Captain

Remember, they'll sell you the whole seat... but you'll only need the edge! (said in a booming deep voice). :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Let's go back to serving alcohol at Monster Truck!
drunks driving monster trucks. That otta be a hoot :twisted:

Really, such a sad statement, that you think alcohol makes that much difference. Even sadder if you are right
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
D
Team Captain

120dB wrote:I understand from the GeorgiaDome site that their Monster Truck show is sold out, 70,000 sold.

Yet here it barely draws 20,000. When they served alcohol they sometimes would draw 55,000 here. Let's go back to serving alcohol at Monster Truck!
Don't count seats sold ..... count teeth in attendance and we'll win :wink: :lol:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Gerry
Legend

Attendance figures mean a lot to you, don't they?
Enough is enough.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:I understand from the GeorgiaDome site that their Monster Truck show is sold out, 70,000 sold.

Americans also flock to NASCAR events. Does that make them any more superior to us?

So, you'd rather see BC Place full of people brawling in the stands at a monster truck show rather than 20K semi-well behaved people?

Whatever toots your horn............ :roll:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Bet they make a lot of Noise :lol:
120dB
Legend

I'm saying when they served alcohol they drew 50 - 55,000, now no alcohol and they're struggling to break 20,000
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:I'm saying when they served alcohol they drew 50 - 55,000, now no alcohol and they're struggling to break 20,000
I'm saying that its a sad statement about our society.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
120dB wrote:I'm saying when they served alcohol they drew 50 - 55,000, now no alcohol and they're struggling to break 20,000

I'm not advocating this but wonder what the numbers would be if the Dome stopped serving alcohol? Many diehard football fans in my section missed halfending excitment by trying to beat the rush to the beer line. I don't think the Lions would survive if beer was not available for sale during games.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:

I'm not advocating this but wonder what the numbers would be if the Dome stopped serving alcohol? Many diehard football fans in my section missed halfending excitment by trying to beat the rush to the beer line. I don't think the Lions would survive if beer was not available for sale during games.
Nothing to do but :no: :no: :no: sigh
David
Team Captain

"Monster Truck sells out in Atlanta; but not here"

This is a bad thing? :?

Isn't this like a headline that reads "Italians reject McDonald's"?

But that's just me....

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

we dont need no stinkin monster trucks, we got the CFL :yes:
lion24
Legend

please understand that in georgia bass fishing,monster truck,nascar racing are way up the list of sporting importance and hockey is probably about 100th or less so it does not surprise me!!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP