Favourite Lion Poll #6: Grey Cup Starting Quarterback

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who is your favourite Lion quarterback who started a Lions Grey Cup game?

Joe Kapp - 1963(loss), 1964(win)
19%
Roy Dewalt - 1983(loss), 1985(win)
27%
Matt Dunigan - 1988(loss)
17%
Kent Austin - 1994(win)
2%
Damon Allen - 2000(win)
6%
Dave Dickenson - 2004(loss), 2006(win)
29%

Total votes: 48
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I see the vote going pretty much the way I called it. pat pat pat :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:For some reason I never really think of Dunnigan as a Lion... not sure why... I tend to think of him as an Eskimo more than anything.
Perhaps it's because as an Eskimo, Dunigan broke the hearts of Lions fans so many times. Specifically, when he demolished the Lions in the 1986 and 1987 West Division Finals.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Belize City Lion wrote:For some reason I never really think of Dunnigan as a Lion... not sure why... I tend to think of him as an Eskimo more than anything.
Perhaps it's because as an Eskimo, Dunigan broke the hearts of Lions fans so many times. Specifically, when he demolished the Lions in the 1986 and 1987 West Division Finals.
For some reason when Dunnigan is discussed my reaction is usually "oh, right he did play for the Lions once didn't he?".

Funny thing is I do remember how much I loved watching him play. I just don't remember him in Orange and white.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

There is no clear-cut winner either in this last poll that I created. Dewalt and Dickenson are tied for first. I suppose Dickenson because he's the current QB, and Dewalt because he lifted the team from a 21 year drought to win the Cup in 1985. I am a little surprised to see that Dunigan was tied with Kapp for second at 8 votes each. It looks like people are quick to forgive Dunigan despite the fact that we all know how he performed in the 1988 Grey Cup and he is the only one listed that didn't give the Lions a win in the GC. And I am very surprised to see that Austin and Allen received the least amount of votes despite the fact that they have 1-0 records, meaning that they didn't lose the GC in their first appearance as a Lion unlike the four other listed QB's. I guess some players are just exciting and fun to watch regardless of whether they win a lot, while others have the unfortunate distinction of being not so exciting and popular despite garnering wins. I suppose Austin and Allen were just two of those kinds of players. :sigh: :hypno: