Favourite Lion Poll #3: Most Outstanding Canadian

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who is your favourite BC Lion who won CFL Most Outstanding Canadian?

Brent Johnson - 2005, 2006
29%
Jason Clermont - 2003
25%
Sean Millington - 2000, 1997
11%
Jim Young - 1972, 1970
36%

Total votes: 28
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Although the Lions have won most outstanding Canadian six times, two of them are multiple winners so this third poll will only have four players.

As he played for the Lions for quite a long time and was a key contributor in the 1994 and 2000 Grey Cups, I'll select Sean Millington.
Rammer
Team Captain

Toughest poll yet, but I would select any of the other three before Millington, and would lean to Brent, but will select Jim Young, as he was the first player that I followed with the Lions seriously. When he was traded to the Lions, that was also a special moment in CFL history.
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Johnson also won this award in ?05.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Not to thrilled with millington as a panelist, but on the field I really liked him. Most of my favorite Canadian Lions didnt win so I picked Mill as favorite of the 4. I can see JC taking his place as the yrs go by.

Didnt Lui ever win Canadian??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Didnt Lui ever win Canadian??
No
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Is there any other choice, JC #82:P
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Jim Young for his infamous forearms. Defensive backs keep their head on a swivel when he's on the field.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

I'm stuck between Jason and Brent. Hard to pick, but I'll go with Brent.
nelson95
Legend

Dirty 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

This category seemed to be the toughest as there was no clear winner, with Young receiving 7 votes while Johnson and Clermont were tied at second with 6 votes. All of these players have spent some time with the team, so I can understand how all of them are very popular. And although he received the least amount of votes, I don't think Millington is unpopular with Lions fans by any means. I guess he was just narrowed out by the other three.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:And although he received the least amount of votes, I don't think Millington is unpopular with Lions fans by any means. I guess he was just narrowed out by the other three.
Millington played with three other teams during his career, whereas the other three (have) spent the bulk/entirety of theirs in Lions colours, which may have been a factor.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Is it May yet? 8)
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Is it May yet? 8)
You and me both !
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Thank God for game DVDs and NASCAR, because otherwise I'd be having some serious DT's! :rotf:
Real women wear orange!!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:Is it May yet? 8)
Bad news: With the season expected to start two weeks later, training camp isn't likely to open until June.