Braley wants to buy B.C. Place ......

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

kidder
Rookie

I personally like the idea. Anyone else ?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

only if he lives here.

I dotn like foreign ownership :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MacNews
Team Captain

Braley knows his stuff. I like how he talks about doing stuff government can't. He knows what needs to be done, and if he had 100% ownership, would have no restraints (Or elections) to get in the way.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
I dotn like foreign ownership :wink:
:lol: :lol: I like the idea !
prairielion
Starter

If he is in it for the long haul, I think that it would be a good idea.[[/img]
Tighthead
Legend

That seems to be contrary to the rumours that he wants to sell the Leos. I can't see anything bad coming from this. Maybe he and the Whitecaps could team up to do some sort of overhaul/retrofit on the place, although I think a retractable roof is a pipe dream.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Oh I don't think that owning the Dome would dispel those rumours. It could be that selling the Lions would be far easier if it meant being packaged with the Dome. I could easily see someone wanting to get their mitts on the Dome and taking the Lions as part of the deal. Most likely however, Brailey would like to get a slice of the Concessions and Parking and all the other bits that the Lions get none of right now.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

would the lions get the concessions and stuff if he bought BC Place?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
MacNews
Team Captain

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:would the lions get the concessions and stuff if he bought BC Place?
He'd own both so yes. Even if the Lions "didn't" get the revenue after he bought BC Place, all dollars go to Braley so it'd be the same.
kidder
Rookie

You bet, he could run that place however he liked. You might even be able to buy a Beer from your seat !. I know I'd miss those insane line up's ......................
CB123
Legend

Is there any proof that he actually wants to buy the stadium? Has he stated it, or are these just rumors? I know its been talked about on here before. What are the chances the gov't would sell to him?
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Buying it aside for a moment....Is the Dome for sale?

I can see the prospectus now.

For Sale - Good Condition
Well established stadium in chic neighbourhood.
60,000 fan capacity - needs some work on the roof.
purrfect project facility for the do it yourself'er.
Close to parking, transit and the vibrant downtown bar and restaurant scene.
Impress friends, host great parties, opportunity for business and in-law suites

Is that 100 million in your pocket or are you just excited?

Apply within
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Tighthead
Legend

The current owners (the Province?) may consider it as much of a liability as anything. With some creative accounting from both sides, Braley might be able to get it relatively cheap. I expect he would have to covenant not to just tear it down and condo up though.
nelson95
Legend

Remember how cheap Rogers bought the Skydome for

$15 million(plus assuming debt)?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
kidder
Rookie

The paper, (Sun) stated that it's costing the tax payer's something like 2 - 4 million per year in subsidies, and that's with a very full event schedule. Braley has said to the Government "I have my cheque book out". The way I look at it, as long as there's some kind of no tear down clause written in the contract, I'd sure be willing to roll the dice on this one. Braley has always stated he would sell the Lion's tomorrow, "TO THE RIGHT PERSON". And mercifully for us, he has set the bar VERY HIGH. No more flakes like Pezem, or Scumbania. David has alway's stated that other than his business, his # priority, is the CFL, not the Lion's, but the CFL, and for that, every fan in the league should be very greatfull, to have a guy with his pockets on our side. Yeah, in a purrfect world it would be nice to have some local step up to the plate, but personally I couldn't sleep night's if a guy like Pattison owned the joint. And let's do this before Campbell back door's it to some Land Pimp friend of his.