Stanley Park, How about my schools gym?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

CB123
Legend

After the big storm we had before our winter break, the wind pulled something off the roof of our gym, causing this big leak. Since then, we havnt been able to use half of our gym because all the rain/snow we have been having has pretty much rotted the roof.

Now its looking like it is going to spread to the other half of the gym. Since it?s a safety hazard, we have had all of our home basketball games cancelled or moved to King George and other schools... Also, my PE class has been spending our time playing ping-pong... :roll:

The school said that they aren?t sure how long it is going to take to fix, and it could take up to 6 months! Also, apparently if it isn?t fixed by the summer, they will have to wait until next year to continue working on it (not sure how true that is, but that?s what one of the PE teachers said).

Now I don?t know if this is a money issue, or just a lazy city/union workers issue... But how is Stanley Park getting all this attention/fundraising from the media, while our school is left out to dry... I know my school obviously isnt nearly as bad as Stanley Park, but there isnt one word about it! It just makes me mad. You know if this were a private school, it would be fixed within a month?
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

You know if this were a private school, it would be fixed within a month?
but not with taxpayer money.

if the school says up to 6 months, why not ask why. Start a petition demanding quicker action. Get your parents involved in contributing and fund raising, as well as yourself and fellow students. Take action, reality is, stanley park is a lot more important to at least 10s of thousands more people, world wide, than your school is.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think the skills required for removing trees are different from repairing a roof. Alot of roofing and gutter companies are up to their necks with work stemming from the recent storms.
Charlene

Tell me about it...i work in the office for a roofing/gutter company. It's nuts! We are backed up quite a few weeks!
Tighthead
Legend

It is likely covered by insurance, just as a private school would be. It is not the money, it is the labour.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

What company do you work for Charlene ? I need a repairman to fix my gutter. I called two companies to get an estimate. They were supposed to be here this week and so far nothing.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:What company do you work for Charlene ? I need a repairman to fix my gutter. I called two companies to get an estimate. They were supposed to be here this week and so far nothing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good one :wink:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

CB123 wrote:Now I don?t know if this is a money issue, or just a lazy city/union workers issue... But how is Stanley Park getting all this attention/fundraising from the media, while our school is left out to dry... I know my school obviously isnt nearly as bad as Stanley Park, but there isnt one word about it! It just makes me mad. You know if this were a private school, it would be fixed within a month?
Probably something to do with your school not being a city landmark and a tourist attraction enjoyed the year round by millions of visitors from all over the world?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:What company do you work for Charlene ? I need a repairman to fix my gutter. I called two companies to get an estimate. They were supposed to be here this week and so far nothing.

:? :?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:

:? :?
Charlene wrote:...We are backed up quite a few weeks!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Thanks. Too much wine tonight. :lol: