Food/recipes/experiments/combos/etc

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am no cook. Can't even make a proper egg, any way I try to cook it, sigh

However, I can make a mean combo campbell soup mixture. Today I wanted to give the kids soup without making any for myself. Problem, one can of chunky is not enough and two is too much. Plus, ways to much pasta. So I added a can of reg veg soup without water to one can of chunky chicken, then I added two big plastic spoon scoops of unwatered consume for flavour. Filled their two reg bowls purrfect and tasted great. In fact, when I tried it, I didnt want to give it to them. I wanted to eat it all. yum yum. And they like it. :thup:

My daughter hates consume so she was all set not to like it, but then she had to reluctantly admit she did really like it. :yes:
Last edited by KnowItAll on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:I am no cook. Can't even make a proper egg, any way I try to cook it, sigh

However, I can make a mean combo campbell soup mixture. Today I wanted to give the kids soup without making any for myself. Problem, one can of chunky is not enough and two is too much. Plus, ways to much pasta. So I added a can of reg veg soup without water to one can of chunky chicken, then I added two big plastic spoon scoops of unwatered consume for flavour. Filled their two reg bowls purrfect and tasted great. In fact, when I tried it, I didnt want to give it to them. I wanted to eat it all. yum yum. And they like it. :thup:
Alrighty then.
Charlene

LOL

Sounds interesting! Way to go, Dad! :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You mean consomme ? :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:You mean consomme ? :wink:
don't ask me to spell, I am just the cook :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Your first four words in your first post was "I am no cook" Are you now a qualified cook ? :wink: :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Your first four words in your first post was "I am no cook" Are you now a qualified cook ? :wink: :wink:
no cook, yes
the cook, yes
qualified cook, no
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

He's definately a great can opener....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Simply amazing what heating up a can of Campbell's soup does to one's culinary skills ! :wink: :wink: I think I'm going to cook me up some mushroom soup tonight. :lol:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Simply amazing what heating up a can of Campbell's soup does to one's culinary skills ! :wink: :wink: I think I'm going to cook me up some mushroom soup tonight. :lol:
no no no, one can doesnt cut it. Gotta open up 3 different kinds, and use only one pot, one time :yes:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Simply amazing what heating up a can of Campbell's soup does to one's culinary skills ! :wink: :wink: I think I'm going to cook me up some mushroom soup tonight. :lol:
no no no, one can doesnt cut it. Gotta open up 3 different kinds, and use only one pot, one time :yes:
You recycled...right? :beauty:
LFITQ
Team Captain

pot???

Bachelorhood days I woulda just heated up the can on the stove and ate it right out of the can ... Now way I was doing dishes ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:pot???

Bachelorhood days I woulda just heated up the can on the stove and ate it right out of the can ... Now way I was doing dishes ...
doing dishes?? whats that?? Some new kinda fad dance??
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I thought this thread might offer some good experimental type help.

All I get is cans. :roll:

Ok, I'm going to be hosting a house warming party this summer and want to cook the animal (a pig or lamb or both) right in a hole in the ground, covered up.

Now help me with that Mr. can opener. :wink:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I thought this thread might offer some good experimental type help.

All I get is cans. :roll:

Ok, I'm going to be hosting a house warming party this summer and want to cook the animal (a pig or lamb or both) right in a hole in the ground, covered up.

Now help me with that Mr. can opener. :wink:
well, first off, open up a can of lighter fluid and.....