CFL fan at NFL Game

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

13thman.com News

Hello fellow 13thmen!
<br>

<br>
Last week I went on a trip to Texas to cross off one of the "things I must do before I die"...watch all 4 North American professional sports live. While I watched a Mavericks game in Dallas, the highlight was definitely watching a Cowboys game at Texas stadium! It was the primetime Sunday-night matchup against the Saints.
<br>

<br>
As soon as I walked into the stadium, you could feel the excitement. The pre-game hype was unbelievable - the music was blaring so loud that you could feel the base rumbling through your chest. Fireworks were set off and the 3 scoreboards were flashing highlight reels...it was quite spectacular.
<br>

<br>
The croud was much louder at the start of the game compared to a CFL game at McMahon stadium. But that was probably because the stadium is twice the size and mostly covered. As the fans settled into the game, it quieted down substantially...especially as the Saints took control of the game.
<br>

<br>
The game itself featured a lot of offense - there were a few great catches and Reggie Bush had some spectacular runs. But overall, watching the Cowboys game live reinforced that there really isn't that big a difference between the NFL and CFL. I get to see great catches and runs at McMahon all the time (by Calgary and the opposition). The experience made me realize that there isn't really anything magical about the NFL. Apart from the superior sound-system at the game and the general hype, it was still football, and I still found myself more entertained by the CFL.
<br>

<br>
While I loved my NFL experience, it made me realize that the CFL is definitely not "inferior"...we Canadians should really embrace it more. Hopefully one day we can get some NFL-type hype for CFL games!

Read more...

Source: Canadian Professional Football
Talk about the Canadian Football League