ATTENDANCE THREAD FOR WESTERN FINAL

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

pigskinpatriot
Starter

Unfortunately , due to the almost complete lack of a clue in this town ,we will probably get between 35 and 40 thousand when it should be full . I hate to be a Debbie Downer but that crowd on Friday was a big disappointment to me. On the bright side,those who will be there will make more than enough noise to make up for for the no-shows,am I right ? Hell Ya !
"The C.F.L. will be dead in three years " My uncle , June, 1990 .
Gerry
Legend

It all depends on how the rest of the season goes. Buono will want to play some of his backups and give the hurting some extra rest, but if they can keep the intensity level up and win out the season that will get a lot of the casual fans worked up to see the last game of the year at the Dome.

If all that flies, we could get something close to a sell-out, IMO.
Enough is enough.
chimpy

I think we will be lucky to get 35000.00 just because i know there is going to be no interest in this game by anybody because ever since 1040 has taken over the canucks, the lions talk has reduced about 80%, Canucks lunch is a big killer for them, i don't know why Bob Ackles does not *beeotch* to 1040 about this, or he is going to retire after next year and does not care.

Te lions neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a smaller stadium despertaly, as soon as they get one and start selling it out every week there will not be this talk of bad attedance any more infact i think the lions demand for tickets would be huge, and all the talk would not be about the canucks, more about the lions exspeccally if the canucks do nothing from now till then.
Gerry
Legend

chimpy wrote:I think we will be lucky to get 35000.00 just because i know there is going to be no interest in this game by anybody because ever since 1040 has taken over the canucks, the lions talk has reduced about 80%, Canucks lunch is a big killer for them, i don't know why Bob Ackles does not *beeotch* to 1040 about this, or he is going to retire after next year and does not care.

Te lions neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed a smaller stadium despertaly, as soon as they get one and start selling it out every week there will not be this talk of bad attedance any more infact i think the lions demand for tickets would be huge, and all the talk would not be about the canucks, more about the lions exspeccally if the canucks do nothing from now till then.
You sing the same tune every chance you get, don't you?

P.S. You might want to invest in a dictionary.
MacNews
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:You sing the same tune every chance you get, don't you?

P.S. You might want to invest in a dictionary.
You can't deny that since the TEAM 1040 got the Canucks rights, the Lions talk has diminished. That's a fact. One positive though, I was pleased at how the headlines today didn't say "Als thump Roughies" but rather "Lions clinch West" or even "Lions clinch West, again". It was great to see the local impact taking precedence over the game in the headline! :thup:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:By comparison... here is the attendance thread for the ?05 Western Final.

http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewtopic.php?t=7930

The reason I wanted to dig this up was to see the initial number of tickets bought by season ticket holders. It was very low (12,000) and set the stage for the disapointing crowd.
Remember too the renewal deadline was well before they had completely crapped the bed.... that hurt walk up sales more.

I expect the Lions will announce sometime early next week where initial sales are. Anything above 15,000 and it should give them a good shot at hitting the 40,000 mark.
Sammy, I share your thinking process but I would be very disappointed if sales aren't near the 30,000 mark next week.

With 19k or so season tickets and no home Grey Cup game to draw interest, I would expect that almost every season ticketholder would renew for the playoffs, and that most would buy extra tickets.

Personally, I have 3 STs and have bought 7 tickets for the WDF. Last year I think I bought 9 tickets for the WDF and 4 for Grey Cup.

With lots of time to sell tickets, I expect a crowd closer to 2004's numbers, say 51,892.
Last edited by B.C.FAN on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CB123
Legend

42000 but im hoping for a full house :cr:
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

MacNews wrote:You can't deny that since the TEAM 1040 got the Canucks rights, the Lions talk has diminished. That's a fact.
You know who the most popular team in this town is and where the advertising dollars are being generated but it was a little frusterating trying to hear some football talk last Friday on game day.

It was Canucks lunch from noon to 1:30 and the Canucks-Columbus pre-game beginning at 2 p.m. There was some Lions and major league baseball playoff talk in the 30-minute window.

The TEAM paid huge bucks to land the Canucks rights and they need to tap into all potenial revenues but I hope they can improvise a little bit on the week of the Western Final but based on demand... I doubt it.

This is where the Lions fans are missing out on Dhaliwal who constantly provided breaking stories and would make sure the Lions get their due.

And B.C. FAN... I sure hope you are right on the playoff seats bought by season ticket holders. I do recall the pre-sale number in 2004 was around 28,000. That's why I was shocked to see such a dramatic drop a year later.
Dan Russell
Legend

44,000 for the Western final is my prediction.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Looks like the Lions are offering a 3-game pack, including the Western Final via Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003D ... norcatid=8

Also WF tickets looked to be $5 more across the board.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Looks like the Lions are offering a 3-game pack, including the Western Final via Ticketmaster.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003D ... norcatid=8

Also WF tickets looked to be $5 more across the board.
And it looks as though this offer is only available to upper deck seating. Still though, a good promotion.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
bc49
Hall of Famer

A very clever promotion indeed.

I did notice on the cover page TMaster does have one of the game dates incorrect. You'd think with the money these assfags rake in they could afford to hire a proofreader. :roll:

BC PLACE STADIUM
3 GAMES INCLUDED
OCT 21/OCT 29/NOV 12 2006
bc49
Hall of Famer

In order to get to the promised land of 50k+ for the WDF you have to get 15,000 fans out to their first game of the season.
It's really as simple as that for I think the STHolders and other regulars will step up big time this year.

One element you have to consider is the motivation of the Lions brass in regards to this game. If Mr. Braley doesn't buy the gate rights all revenue goes to the league as has been the practice for the longest time. What effort do the Lions sales and marketing dept. put into a game with zero revenue?
I would like to think it makes no difference and the S&M dept goes all out with the attitude that today's one game a year fans are tomorrows season ticket holders.

I'd like to see a solid effort from the sales dept. in getting local post-secondary students jacked about attending this game. This is a HUGE market with some 170,000 full and part time students in the LM.
almo89
Legend

bc49 wrote:In order to get to the promised land of 50k+ for the WDF you have to get 15,000 fans out to their first game of the season.
It's really as simple as that for I think the STHolders and other regulars will step up big time this year.

One element you have to consider is the motivation of the Lions brass in regards to this game. If Mr. Braley doesn't buy the gate rights all revenue goes to the league as has been the practice for the longest time. What effort do the Lions sales and marketing dept. put into a game with zero revenue?
I would like to think it makes no difference and the S&M dept goes all out with the attitude that today's one game a year fans are tomorrows season ticket holders.

I'd like to see a solid effort from the sales dept. in getting local post-secondary students jacked about attending this game. This is a HUGE market with some 170,000 full and part time students in the LM.
That's a good point. I never looked at it that way as in the marketing dept has not motivation to advertise for a zero revenue game.

I do think that with the early clinching of the west, it gives ppl plenty of time to buy tickets. Hopefully the turnout will be good.

Does anybody know if Braley will buy the gate rights this time?
Rammer
Team Captain

Braley has said that he is going to purchase the rights to this game, a real no brainer as anything over 35K is profit. He should see at least 10K over that, IMO.
Entertainment value = an all time low