Official 2006-07 Vancouver Canucks Season Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Well, this is the date that some of you have all been waiting for. The Vancouver Canucks season starts today. I don't expect discussions to be limited in this thread, but I figured I might as well create one anyways. I assume discussion on this thread will be greater than that of the Whitecaps thread in which I did over 90% of the posting.

The Canucks start off this season with a new coach and several new players.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

I hate Detroit but what the hell, GO Redwings GO!
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well, little under 6 hours to game time... gonna try to make my way to the Golden Spike to watch :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

John mccrow doesnt deserve a winning team, or fans in the stand. I will be doing my part to help the canucks lose by betting on them all season long. I almost always lose my bets, no matter who I bet on.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Canucks are off to a great start in Detroit right now, leading 3-0 halfway through the game.
chimpy

go canucks luongo looks great, thnak god they play tom before the football game or we wouldn't get anybody at that game tom.
chimpy

Canucks win 3-1 Luongo looked great only one game though, next game tom at 4:00 pm i bet there will be a lot of lions fan's in the pub tom (down town) watching the canuck game before heading to bc place.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

chimpy wrote:go canucks luongo looks great, thnak god they play tom before the football game or we wouldn't get anybody at that game tom.
your bang on...if it was a 7PM face off I bet attendence would only be about 2K.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

chimpy wrote:Canucks win 3-1 Luongo looked great only one game though, next game tom at 4:00 pm i bet there will be a lot of lions fan's in the pub tom (down town) watching the canuck game before heading to bc place.
dam, I forgot to bet on them.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Dan Russell
Legend

chimpy wrote:
go canucks luongo looks great, thnak god they play tom before the football game or we wouldn't get anybody at that game tom.
your bang on...if it was a 7PM face off I bet attendence would only be about 2K.
Yes, luckily the two are separated and will not interfere with each other and won't affect attendence for this next pivotal Lions game.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A good comeback by the Canucks tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets to score two late goals in the third period to overcome a 2-0 deficit and then win in OT. :thup:

The Swedish line of Naslund and the Sedin twins seem to be very powerful.

Gilbert Brule did not record any points.
Dan Russell
Legend

For a team that is not supposed to be offensive, they came back from a 2-0 deficeit and also had 44 shots on Columbus.
Dan Russell
Legend

Canucks lose 3-2 in Colorado losing the special teams battle allowing 3 power play goals. Luongo looked good again.
Dan Russell
Legend

Canucks lose today 2-1 in the shoot out also known as happy hour. The 3rd period goal for the Wild was an unfortunate bounce off an Canucks defencemen to beat Luongo. Luongo looked good in the game except for the shoot out. Where 3 out of 4 shooters beat him but everyone goes goes home happy with each team getting a point or points.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

One of the TSN guys last night noted that Luongo has so far not let a straight-on shot beat him; every goal against so far has been a deflection or a weird bounce or a third or fourth rebound... Minny's single goal last night was a deflection off Krajicek's skate.

I keep noticing that Luongo seems almost psychic sometimes, he consistantly manages to get around to where a shot is going to come from, and by the time the shooter lets it go, he's there waiting for it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.