Bobby Singh

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LionPacker

With Bobby out, could we be looking at signing Steve Morely?

Morley was recently cut by the New York Jets.

This is according to CFL.com:

However, he's already had interest shown in him by both the Toronto Argonauts and Edmonton Eskimos, two teams who have bigger line needs than the Lions, despite their 33 sacks.

"He's got the right passport. The thing is how much can you invest in him?" Buono said of Morley.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

With Edmonton and Toronto desperate for some NI o-line help......actually any kind of o-line help........there will be some large dollars heading Morley's way, including a monster signing bonus because of the SMS not in effect until 2007 (if then).

Wally B don't play dat......
Lloyd
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:With Edmonton and Toronto desperate for some NI o-line help......actually any kind of o-line help........there will be some large dollars heading Morley's way, including a monster signing bonus because of the SMS not in effect until 2007 (if then).

Nor do we need dat.....I am happy to say.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LionPacker

Shi Zi Mi wrote:With Edmonton and Toronto desperate for some NI o-line help......actually any kind of o-line help........there will be some large dollars heading Morley's way, including a monster signing bonus because of the SMS not in effect until 2007 (if then).

My thought too.

I'm just worried about Bobby's ability to stay healthy. Those shoulder tears are a beeoch to come back from. He will not be as strong if he comes back at the end of this month.
Blitz
Team Captain

With Bobby out, could we be looking at signing Steve Morely?

Morley was recently cut by the New York Jets.
Wally would be interested...and he is a Canadian....but the dollars will likely be too high as other teams need him more!

However, if Bobby can't go or aggravates it more...he's going to need off-season surgery...with Sherko starting....we'll be getting down into our depth of offensive line if we get another injury there!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Is he a free agent or is his rights owned by another team ?
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Wally B don't play dat......
Nor do we need dat.....I am happy to say.[/quote]

If Singh's out you don't care if we pick up quality help?

I don't care if Braley puts out some coin.

I just wanna win baby.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Is he a free agent or is his rights owned by another team ?
FA
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

You know, there is alot of talk on this Board about Dickenson being injured all the time and how "brittle" he is, but IIRC Singh has been injured as much as if not more than Dickenson, yet no-one seems to say much about it. Why is that?

I would like to see how many games he has played vs missed in his time here.

:?
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Lyin' Guy wrote:You know, there is alot of talk on this Board about Dickenson being injured all the time and how "brittle" he is, but IIRC Singh has been injured as much as if not more than Dickenson, yet no-one seems to say much about it. Why is that?

I would like to see how many games he has played vs missed in his time here.

:?
It's called "heard" mentality, keep repeating along with the masses and it's easier to fit in.

Oh, that and he's the QB, the focal point of the offense.
hwgill
Legend

"Herd", not "Heard".

The question about Singh is not whether he has had injuries, but has he ever played a complete season? Dickenson hasn't.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Rammer
Team Captain

hwgill wrote:"Herd", not "Heard".

The question about Singh is not whether he has had injuries, but has he ever played a complete season? Dickenson hasn't.
You herd that right. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

This issue of players being too brittle is bizarre. Injuries in football occur all the time and the life of an O lineman is short in football most due to injury.

These guys are all in pretty good shape but the body in football is asked to so somethings at times it was not designed to do and it is the luck of the draw when some get injured. At times some QBs may expose themselves to injury that could be prevented but that is not true all the time.

The steroid types do tend to get more injuries as most know and that is a separate issue from the discussion of the two players in this thread. DD don't look to be on 'roids and neither does Bobby Singh.

But what I do think is unfair is to knock a guy for getting injured. Half that team of Lions probably are injured half the season to some extent.

The "brittle" comments make me wonder if people making those statements have ever played this game or any contact sport. Not that I was injured all the time - lol - so that isn't my point.

Look at how many more knee injuries seem to be occurring today even in sports like soccer. In my mind, when I played as a youth and adult there seemed to be far less knee injuries than today. In the 60s and 70s a serious knee injury would put a construction worker off work for 6 or more months and we'd be holding a benefit for the guy.

The question is is this due to more games and more athletes or the "brittle" condition of today's athletes who are in far better physical condition than athletes of 20 and 40 years ago? I'd say many of today's knee injuries are due in part to the turf fields and players in soccer not adjusting to the conditions and avoiding the type of tackles that cause that type of injury. In part in senior local soccer, it is the mentality of the players that it is my job to stop a guy and a hard tackle leading to injury is just part of the game. Kind of dumb when they aren't getting paid but that is how so many of them think. Smart opponents learn to avoid injury by not dwelling on the ball but injuries still take place and I hardly call the victims, "brittle".

Was Jason Clermont brittle when that big hog rolled on the back of his leg? If you see the replay which I hate to see, you see that leg doing what it was not built to do. Brittle is something that is associated with peanuts and candy.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

hwgill wrote:"Herd", not "Heard".

Actually, "Heard" is correct for what Rob was saying. If you HEARD it enough times you finally begin to believe it might be true.

"HERD" means following the masses without ever stopping to see if the HERD is going in the right direction. Blindly following.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Robbie
Hall of Famer

A recent interview with Bobby Singh:

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... &nid=15004

For those of you who didn't know, he has won three different professional football championships: the Super Bowl with the St. Louis Rams in 1999, the XFL Championship with the LA Xtreme in 2001, and the latest Grey Cup.