Official 2006 Seattle Seahawks Thread

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Bosco wrote:Now if you're referring to the 2000-2006 Alouettes, then I agree - but if your talking about the 1974 - 1979 Als, hey...that was MY team! :lol:
Yup, twas the recent Als I was referring to! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Great effort by the Hawks, I'm certainly proud of them for the way they've played this season with all of the injuries they had.

Congrats to the Bears, next week I'll be cheering for the Saints. It should be a hell of a game.
mrny
prospect

I am now cheering for the Bears !!!!! Brendan Ayanbedejo plays for them. I think this will be his year.. A Superbowl appearance and he is also going to the ProBowl in Hawaii..... :rockin:
David
Team Captain

Bosco wrote:Never gamble on a Marty Schottenheimer coached team. :wag:
OMG Bosco - how prescient!! That guy should be ashamed. It was an implosion with the game in the bag, plain and simple.

1) Why did the DB try to intercept the pass on 4th down when all he had to do was knock it down and the Chargers would have taken possession? Instead, he intercepts, fumbles, and New England takes over in San Diego territory.

2) On that same play, why would Schottenheimer blow a crucial time-out? (that he certainly could have used in the final minute). He challenged "down by contact" Down by contact? Are you KIDDING me? If anything, it was "never had possession" but even that was a stretch. The DB was standing up when it was swiped from his hands.

3) On the ensuing TD drive the Patriots score and go for the 2-point convert. Schottenheimer doesn't like the defensive formation but can't call the time-out in time. Patriots get the 2-point convert on a well-executed trick play (direct snap to the running back).

4) The Patriots kick-off and, had the returner let the ball go out of bounds like it was going to, they would have had much better field position. Instead, they scrimmaged from the 25.

It must be awfully depressing to be a fan of the Chargers right now.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bosco
Team Captain

I think both teams made enough plays to lose this game, but New Englands experience (Brady / Belichuck) seemed to be the key to the game.

Believe me, I'm with you all the way in questioning Schottenheimer's decision to challenge the 4th quarter fumble. :? Replays clearly showed that there was no way that play would be reversed - a decision you have to pin not only Schottenheimer, but his spotters, as well.

You have to admire the way Brady and Peyton Manning lead their teams to victory - as next week's game promises to be quite the chess match.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I blame son of bum for chargers loss. Dont know how exactly, but it has to be his fault :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:I blame son of bum for chargers loss. Dont know how exactly, but it has to be his fault :yes:
Sorry....who is that? 8)
Real women wear orange!!
Bosco
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:I blame son of bum for chargers loss. Dont know how exactly, but it has to be his fault :yes:
Sorry....who is that? 8)
That's OK, Kim - KIA can't expect everybody to be in his world. :roll:

"Son of Bum" is Chargers D Coordinator Wade Phillips. His father...yes, the guy actually went by the name of "Bum"...coached the Houston Oilers in the 70's and the Saints in the early 80's.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Classic case of "shoulda, coulda and woulda"........ :bang:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Thanks, Glen! I HAVE actually heard of Bum Phillips-I grew up watching some NFL with my dad-I remember the name cracking me up-hey I was 10 or 11 at the time! :lol: Had KIA capitalized "bum", I would likely have made the connection.:wink:
Real women wear orange!!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Thanks, Glen! I HAVE actually heard of Bum Phillips-I grew up watching some NFL with my dad-I remember the name cracking me up-hey I was 10 or 11 at the time! :lol: Had KIA capitalized "bum", I would likely have made the connection.:wink:
yup, should have capitalized, but I was lazy. sorry.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Robbie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Just a word of warning Robbie...

I think there are MANY on this site who follow the Seahawks..

I'm not sure if a single thread is going to be sufficient. Nor is it mandatory.

Feel free to start various threads in this section on the 'Hawks. No need to leave them all in just one thread ... (same can be said about other sports too not just the 'Hawks)
In the end, this single thread was enough to discuss the Seattle Seahawks for their entire season. Too bad their season had to end today. :bawl:
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

If it weren't for the block-in-the-back penalty during Hester's return, does this game even reach OT?
LFITQ
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:If it weren't for the block-in-the-back penalty during Hester's return, does this game even reach OT?
If Hasselbeck doesn't get sacked late in the 4th, does this game even reach OT?
If the questionable PI on Babineaux is not called does this game even reach OT?
If Babineaux intercepts the ball on the first drive, does this game even reach OT?

In a football game there are so many "If this or thats", that you can't play that game. You can only go with what is actually on the table. the fact of the matter remains, there was an illegal block on the kick return which oopened a lane for him allowing hester to score the TD. If the block in the back doesn't happen does he score?
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
SammyGreene
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:If it weren't for the block-in-the-back penalty during Hester's return, does this game even reach OT?
If Hasselbeck doesn't get sacked late in the 4th, does this game even reach OT?
If the questionable PI on Babineaux is not called does this game even reach OT?
If Babineaux intercepts the ball on the first drive, does this game even reach OT?

In a football game there are so many "If this or thats", that you can't play that game. You can only go with what is actually on the table. the fact of the matter remains, there was an illegal block on the kick return which oopened a lane for him allowing hester to score the TD. If the block in the back doesn't happen does he score?
On KJR this morning.... they broke down every Seattle 4th quarter and OT possession on what Hasselbeck did and what he should or could have done.

And we think DD is under scrutiny here. :lol:

But it sure is nice hearing such in-depth analysis including what coverage he was seeing and even who was matched-up with every receiver on each particular play.

Sure wish we would get more of that up here.

Bottom line was the Hawks went 1-for-7 on 3rd or 4th down and less than 3 yards, including 3 times with the game tied at 24-24. They pointed out how that was automatic last season with Alexander running to the left behind Hutchison and Jones.