Biggest Game of the Year in Toronto

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

yukonlion
All Star

still straight drop backs, no roll out plays, not moving the pocket... #stupid
yukonlion
All Star

even our bltz packages dont work
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

This team is hard to watch
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Nice blitz call on first down. Pressure by Herdman-Reed, knockdown by Boesen.
yukonlion
All Star

nice play by harris saves the idiotic 3 man rush call on 2-10
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Extra man on the field.

Holding.

False start.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice catch and run by Carter
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

White is running well in the first half. Lions should continue utilizing him the second half
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Pretty easy to see why these are 2 teams at the bottom of the league. Only difference that I can see is that we are paying way more for our QB than the other guys.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

White had a good first half, with 65 yards rushing and 23 yards receiving.

Cottoy had 3 catches for 44 yards. He has caught everything thrown his way this year.
David
Team Captain

First-half summary:

Two teams that are determined to stay winless. :roll:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
swervynmerv
Legend

3 1/2 games in. Not a very good team.

Playing Toronto who had 5 days rest and lost their starting QB and we are tied with 3 points?

Booooo
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

It's not one player but it sure is how these play together.

Why the Lions changed the OL from last week is beyond astounding.

Why there is such a limited, vanilla offence is even more astounding as there is little to no variation on the themes. Forde said it has been predictable and oh man is it ever.

Reilly is uni-dimensional man - all he ever wants is to drop back and toss and moving the pocket is beyond his belief set.

Carter is not a burner and the pass routes simply don't get him or others open fast enough as the pass protection isn't there as the rushers all know where to find our QB.

God forbid that we employ two backs and vary the theme to keep the DEF on their toes. If they know they don't have to defend the LOS for the runs and only focus on the RECs it's a piece of cake for even average defenders to shut them down.

Sanchez on Chamblin's pre-game and how he cringes at the pre-game speeches said he was fired up by the "put your (family) name on the game" theme had the opposite effect on me. It was linked to family but it sounded too individualistic for me. Focus on the keys to your play - the 3 to 5 things you must focus on to win.

Has Mike Benevides decided to black or is my TV facked. In some worlds he'd be accused of blackface lol.? Actually I wondered if MTL would have called him when they fired their HC and made suggestions more coaches might leave.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

My final prediction:

GAME WILL END IN A RECORD SETTING SCORE haha..

All points will be FG or maybe a single if one misses lol.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Blitz
Team Captain

Jarious Jackson must have lost a lot of sleep coming up with this first half game plan.

Hopefully, more fans in hindsight, are arriving at the conclusion that, in 2018 we did not have a quarterback problem with Lulay or Jennings but rather a Jarious Jackson RPO problem. The same issues remain: our receivers can't get open and our offensive lineman are struggling to pass block in this RPO scheme. Oh, and the quarterback is under a lot of pressure too.

Interesting that Reilly is experiencing the same type of challenges that Lulay and Jennings faced last season.

Our offence should be improved in the second half. Just too much offensive talent to be held to a field goal, even with this pathetic offensive scheme (Really Pathetic Offence means RPO).

Jennings and Lulay had some big games last year and Reilly will also have to find a way to step up and make plays in order to overcome.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)