Edmonton @ BC Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Ian Smart is money.

Ricky Foley is contributing more and more. Special teams, D Line, trick plays. The guy is an athlete who is learning to play the game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I sure hope that refereeing crew doesn't work any playoff games or the Grey Cup. The officiating was atrocious.
lion24
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I sure hope that refereeing crew doesn't work any playoff games or the Grey Cup. The officiating was atrocious.
The problem is who is good enough to ref the GC this year??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
swervyn mervyn
Rookie

pinkfreud wrote:
hoonsagain wrote:Way to go Lions! Great season with so many injuries. On another point....I may be in the minority, but I think the CFL officials do a decent job overall. A few missed calls today, but the game is much easier from the stands, and on the tube...especially after the fact. Maybe they should pay these guys a bit more, and get them some more training.....it's not all their fault. Officiating rarely affects the outcome...even tonight.

hoons
The officials have a tough job and limited time to make calls to be sure. However, they do have the benefit of the tube during the challenge and it's the inane calls they make in the face of what we can all clearly see that gets people going.
totally agree pink i would never want to be an official i would never get half the calls live but with a minute and a half in a replay booth,even i could see the boden call was a joke. is jake ireland too old or too big of an ego to not overturn that call?
K-Dogg
prospect

Hutch85 wrote:AWESOME catch by Clermont and to walk away from that hit like it was nothing... woohoo! Great return from Smart for that TD, our house went nuts.

So if BC got called for objectionable conduct from the bench at the end of the game, what was Danny the chipmunk doing for several minutes after the call on Goss? Oh, I assume he was asking the refs if they're free for coffee tomorrow?? Riiight... he was still beaking off at them a play or two later. Oh well, we sent them packing, that's awesome!
When I saw that, I thought, what's the deal with Maciocia? Do you have to swear so much at the ref after he clearly said that Goss made the slashing motion...one that was called earlier on Jackson. How could he be ticked at the refs for that...it was a good consistent call.
pinkfreud

lion24 wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:I sure hope that refereeing crew doesn't work any playoff games or the Grey Cup. The officiating was atrocious.
The problem is who is good enough to ref the GC this year??
Me! And the stripes are going the right way!

:wink:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

That last play of the game was the cherry on the icing on the cake. A flag comes out and then Blind Melon Ireland announces that there was no infraction on the play.

No? We were rewinding the WWE move where Brent Johnson was literally thrown to the turf. No. Of course no infraction occurred on that play! Ireland has now lapsed into parody.
swervyn mervyn
Rookie

amen brother u r preaching 2 the choir
lions are king
Don Miller
Legend

:bang: Jake just call me John IRELAND now is brutal. He has always had a hate on for the Lions..kinda reminds me of Taylor Field Paul Dojack another guy who hated the Lions. Some of the calls tonite were right out to lunch. The Boden fumble??? The Markeith Knowlton unecessay roughness on the sideline? The blatant blocking from the rear non call on Edmonton on the missed field goal return.. I hope this ....crew does not get the west final. Andre Proulz is bad but Ireland and his dummies are worse.. Buck was a little rusty to start made a few plays. JJ needs to start sliding down. He took quite a hit to the left side of the ribs from a helmet going for the xtra yards..He played ok tonite before having to leave. A few throws were again too hard into the turf. He needs to work on the touch throw. Overall a pretty good game. Defense was again good when they had to be.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

The officiating tonight was a goddamn joke. The CFL should be embarrassed for trotting clowns like these on the field week in and week out. Stop being cheap skates and hire professionals who won't f**k up the way these idiots did all night long if you want your league to be taken seriously. This is PROFESSIONAL football and it's being officiated by AMATEURS! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!!! Wake up CFL. :bang: :roll: :x
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Even the esksfans acknowledge that they got some surprising referee calls in their favour last night ...

... from a blogger called Numberz ...
Refs-ya, that was not a fumble, and we got a few generous calls, but we were due because we've been screwed so many times. Eventually you gotta think that they'd screw up in our favour. Not that they didn't have some bad calls against us though....