FA Day, add the signings to the Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hamilton has officially added Vancouver native and former Argo all-star LB Kevin Eiben.
TSN article
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Aaron Hunt has signed a one-year deal in Montreal. Best of luck, Aaron.
Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN
@ahunt90 has signed with the Als. 1yr plus an option. Hunt and Reinbold together in Montreal? The city will never be the same. #poutine
MexicoLionFan
Legend

A one year deal in Montreal is not exactly the smartest thing Aaron Hunt has ever done...if he and Als take a significant step backwards this coming season, it could be the end for Aaron...

As I mentioned over the last few days, this was a decision that Aaron needed to remove his ego from and allow his logic to take over...staying with the Leos (on a multi year deal) for less money, would very likely netted Aaron MORE MONEY...through potentially winning the Cup, playing in a rotation and possibly extending his career...

The best of luck to Aaron, but I can't help but think that he will end up regretting this one...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Aaron Hunt has signed a one-year deal in Montreal. Best of luck, Aaron.
Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN
@ahunt90 has signed with the Als. 1yr plus an option. Hunt and Reinbold together in Montreal? The city will never be the same. #poutine
Best wishes, Aaron.

Cheerful, fun guy. Helluva player.

I expect Wally had to lowball him on the offer. He would have been backup status. He is aging. We've got promising young guys coming up. SMS limitations.

He will be missed on the field, and, for sure, in the locker room. :thup: :beer:
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I stopped by Mean Poutine during Grey Cup week last year........I had a chat with momma and sister Haji-Rosouli......I couldn't get any poutine as they were still waiting for their license to operate from the City of Vancouver.

IIRC, the business venture involves Sherko, Sherko's dad and JHR.
Lloyd
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:I stopped by Mean Poutine during Grey Cup week last year........I had a chat with momma and sister Haji-Rosouli......I couldn't get any poutine as they were still waiting for their license to operate from the City of Vancouver.

Angus seems to like the product.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:I stopped by Mean Poutine during Grey Cup week last year........I had a chat with momma and sister Haji-Rosouli......I couldn't get any poutine as they were still waiting for their license to operate from the City of Vancouver.

Where is it located ?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:

Where is it located ?
718 Nelson acc to their website, which I believe puts it on the same block as the Loose Moose if you know where that is.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
David
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:718 Nelson acc to their website, which I believe puts it on the same block as the Loose Moose if you know where that is.
Yes, that would be half a block west of Granville. It's in an excellent location. Right in the heart of the Entertainment District where people are looking for a late night bite to eat after the clubs and bars, and it offers an even unhealthier alternative to pizza! :wink:

I'll never eat that stuff, but someone please visit sometime and give us a report.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
the-real-hugo
Rookie

Montreal signs their second ex-Eskimo linebacker, Mark Restelli (Rod Davis earlier). Looks like they'll be running a 3-4. Should be an interesting d-line and group of linebackers to watch with all the additions.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

the-real-hugo wrote:Montreal signs their second ex-Eskimo linebacker, Mark Restelli (Rod Davis earlier). Looks like they'll be running a 3-4. Should be an interesting d-line and group of linebackers to watch with all the additions.
Restelli couldn't get his job back when he returned from his NFL tryout. The change of scenery might help resurrect his career.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

the-real-hugo wrote:Montreal signs their second ex-Eskimo linebacker, Mark Restelli (Rod Davis earlier). Looks like they'll be running a 3-4. Should be an interesting d-line and group of linebackers to watch with all the additions.
I have a feeling the Ticats will be looking at the same thing............they were weak on the dline before losing Hickman to the NFL and haven't added anyone to that position.....but they have added Kevin Eiben to a very strong LBing corps.
Lloyd