A word about e-mailing Lions tickets.

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Ok as the OP I'm now moving this to the Pub. It has been "discussed" and taken up far more of this board's energies than was originally intended.

It's now time for the Football forum to focus on just that, football.

If others wish to continue the "discussion", you may do so. I am now turning my attention to the game itself.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
pinkfreud

Soundy wrote:IS it lack of judgment? Or a change of priorities, or of focus? Or simply a matter of economics?

Someone noted that the organization is supposedly trying to reduce the line-up times at the concessions... what does that mean? Opening more stands? Adding more staff? That costs money - perhaps money that would have been otherwise spent on spaghetti instead of hot dogs, or more calendars in the swag bags.

Fact is, everyone is going off as if reduced swag is just mindless penny-pinching done with no concern for the fans... HOW DO YOU KNOW? How do you know focus is not just being shifted to give fans other perks? Just because they're not as tangible as a goodie bag you can take home with you doesn't mean other things aren't being done for the fans. Didn't I read something about new scoreboards?
Okay, so maybe they've reprioritized where they're spending their marketing dollars. The effect of feeling ripped off remains the same. Most people aren't going to go out of their way to take the perspective of the organization and presume a change of focus. They are going to react from their perspective. It's fine to change priorities, but you also have to stay on top of how it might affect people's perceptions of value. Personally, I couldn't care less how many decals and calendars I get. I'm the only one of four who'd even put a calendar up. But what about a single dad taking his three kids who gets two sets of stuff and has a fight on his hands? I mean maybe it doesn't make a big enough difference in the end, but it just seems more logical to do it on a per seat basis.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Oh, I agree that it's nonsensical to include fewer "units" of swag with larger groups of tickets. It's like with my ticket - bought in a group of three, for three different people... yet only two sets of goodies. Doesn't really bother me, because I don't need any of that stuff (except maybe the orange card, but about the only place I'll use it is Applebees, and being on a "healthy" diet these days, even that need is rare), but still, it is silly to make those assumptions about who's using those tickets.

Here's what it comes down to, general question for everyone: if they stopped giving STHs *any special swag* - no posters, no stickers, no calendars, no hot dogs - outside of the usual free stuff they give away to anyone else on game days... we're not talking about stopping giving out free stuff at all, just about no special freebies for STHs... would you refuse to renew your season tickets?

If the answer is yes... well why the hell do you bother going to the game in the first place?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Photog
Legend

Soundy wrote:Oh, I agree that it's nonsensical to include fewer "units" of swag with larger groups of tickets.
That is the only issue I was after. Glad thats done. On a side note, if you don't want people to feel you are attacking them, you gotta tone down your use of the all caps, and that is more fact than opinion. Also, accusing someone of acting like a child is much different than saying you disagree.
The Official Has-Been.