FA Day, add the signings to the Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Seems like it's down to either returning to the Riders or Hamilton for Andy Fantuz

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=388047
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Still nothing on Aaron?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Jarious Jackson will back up Ricky Ray in Toronto.
Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN
Jarious Jackson has agreed to terms with the #argos. Great signing for them
joe kapp22
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:Jarious Jackson will back up Ricky Ray in Toronto.
Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN
Jarious Jackson has agreed to terms with the #argos. Great signing for them
Was just about to post it!

I'd guess we see what Mike Reily has now as our #2?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
joe kapp22
Legend

Andy "diva" Fantuz signs with a team that matches him:

http://cfl.ca/article/fantuz-tic-signin ... s-bag-andy

TiCats for him.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Te Argos have also signed versatile B.C. OL Andrew Jones. For some reason, Wally wasn't keen to re-sign him. I expect him to start for the Argos.
David William Naylor @TSNDaveNaylor
One more signing late on this Friday: Argos have signed former BC OL Andrew Jones.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Te Argos have also signed versatile B.C. OL Andrew Jones. For some reason, Wally wasn't keen to re-sign him. I expect him to start for the Argos.
David William Naylor @TSNDaveNaylor
One more signing late on this Friday: Argos have signed former BC OL Andrew Jones.
I got the impression the Lions felt Andrew wanted to play closer to home. I never got the impression that they undervalued his ability. Plus IMO we are pretty deep in NI O Linemen. IMO ...

I agree that he could easily be a starter for the Argonauts.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:I got the impression the Lions felt Andrew wanted to play closer to home. I never got the impression that they undervalued his ability. Plus IMO we are pretty deep in NI O Linemen. IMO ...

I agree that he could easily be a starter for the Argonauts.
I think you're right. He tweeted that he grew up watching the Argos and is happy to be back home.
Thanks tweeps! I'm very excited to be playin 4 the #argos. I grew up watchin this team and now I'm a part of it. Can't wait to put on the #doubleblue
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Something is up with the Jones signing in TO...he would have been a very good depth backup here, for not a lot of money, and there he gets a chance to start...the Braley factor methinks...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Willy Pile resigned with the Argos...for a second there I thought we might actually have signed him too...It's almost a relief that we didn't, I am embarrassed enough by the riches we have...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
joe kapp22
Legend

TEAM Radio @TEAM1040 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Per many tweets- former BC Lion OL Andrew Jones has signed with the #Argos
Hmm, I believe we have a ready replacement?
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:
TEAM Radio @TEAM1040 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Per many tweets- former BC Lion OL Andrew Jones has signed with the #Argos
Hmm, I believe we have a ready replacement?
Reid at centre. Valli and HamRies at guards, Newman and Baboulas backups. That is a load of NI talent. Newman also starter level.
joe kapp22
Legend

Hmm, good point about JhR and Valli, does look like our Tackle depth is a bit weak with just Hennessey though.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Didn't Newman played couple of games at tackle ?
David
Team Captain

Nothing concrete to go on, but I am of the opinion that the Lions didn't make an offer to Andrew Jones. While he may have grown up watching the Argos and is happy he signed there etc., I don't think he was looking to leave the B.C. Lions. He makes his home here (he's roommates with Jason Arakgi), I believe he's an investor in Jon Hameister-Ries's "Mean Poutine" restaurant, and seemed very content being a Lion and playing on a Championship team.

With the O-line depth in the organization (draft pick Yannick Sage is coming back), I don't think Wally saw him as anything more than a tight end (a role he played very well last year BTW). In Wally's eyes, if you can't beat out a starter (after a couple of years), it's time to beat it.

All just IMHO.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar