Lions vs. Esks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KILLER
Legend

FFS!!!
bad play call there.
DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH!
Zarquon
Champion

Buck???
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
Tighthead
Legend

Mark Lee, getting one yard on third and two is not "close".
SammyGreene
Team Captain

zarquon wrote:Buck???
Wally has first QB decision to make in 7 weeks.
Leoninus
prospect

what on earth was that, JJ? thank god for the defense forcing turnovers or this game would be so, so ugly.
KILLER
Legend

:sleep:
Stresd
Rookie

normal..JJ under 50 percent...
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Lions have horseshoes up their a$$ to be tied at 7-7 at the half.

Defence bending but not breaking. Offence has been just brutal other than the short field on the Banks INT. Jackson.... 25 yards passing in the 1st half.
chimpy

this is a awfull performance on offence, they are luky that the esks do not have a good quaterback in there or this game could be over by know.

I think if they struggle anymore they better our put Buck in.
Rammer
Team Captain

Half time adjustments are coming, the Lions can't expect to be in this game if they continue to play with zero emotion. Hunt made two nice line tackles and the Lions D is trying to stimulate themselves off of those plays with the jumping and crashing, and even then it looked weak.

Time to go outside with JJ, he isn't doing much sitting in the pocket. The worst though has been the ST play, either receiving or or covering , we are getting thumped on. There is no reason to let that part of our game slip to this standard. Game shouldn't be at this score, the Lions had better not think that the Esks are going to roll over for us.
Entertainment value = an all time low
ryant
Rookie

I think its starting to be evident that while JJ has had some great drives in various games, we have won these games primarily due to defence, special teams and a great running back. While I think it is a little premature to dust JJ, I also think it was a little premature for some posters to declare JJ "the best QB in the league". I do think we have to get all our QBs some playing time (how is why Wally gets the big bucks). Don't get me wrong, JJ is a decent QB - but not great (Buck) or elite (Dave). I give JJ all the credit in the world for holding down the fort in the last few weeks, but this isn't the type of Qbing I want to see in the last few weeks of the season. Yes, I know the game is tied, but that is due to defence.
dmoney
prospect

JJ always plays better after the half, lets wait and see.
David
Team Captain

Time to try something different on 2nd and 2 instead of Joe going up the gut. The Esks are clearly stacking the middle and winning the line of scrimmage battle. Why not go outside with the option or insert the 2 back set and put Smart in there for the pitch out??

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
KILLER
Legend

weak
Stresd
Rookie

pull the trigger and get Buck in there