Lions at Alouettes, Game Day Thread, November 22, 2009

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:All in favour of firing Chapdelaine and Benevides?
Say YEA
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Yeah
The_Pauser
Legend

ziggy wrote: There are so many holes exposed today, finding much money to shore up anything significantly will be hard to find. The secondary is weak, the Linebacking is weak, the D line needs at least on more player to make it a force and of course we need to find some O line players. The question is how much money and what are the priorities?
It won't be that hard. A bunch of our DB's make big money and they shouldn't be back. Brent Johnson shouldn't be back. Buck Pierce won't be back (we have a cheap starting QB next year in Printers who will make only $100k). If we still don't have enough money then get rid of our $150k backup and go with Printers, Lulay and Champion. That's bundles of cash to bring in an offensive line.
Roar you Lions roar!
hwgill
Legend

I've been in favour of firing Chap since before he left to go to Edmonton. The guy is useless, because he was a receiver, that's all he can think about, and he wasn't a good receiver either.

Benevides is weak, predictable, and boring.

Wally...I hate to say anything negative about the guy, but god, his game-day decisions this year have been horrible, and weren't much better last year. It's like he gets a brain fart when he hits the playoffs...that's the only explanation I can get for him to be the winningest coach in CFL history, but only have what, 3 GC's to his name.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Anyone take the spread? BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
ziggy
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:
ziggy wrote: There are so many holes exposed today, finding much money to shore up anything significantly will be hard to find. The secondary is weak, the Linebacking is weak, the D line needs at least on more player to make it a force and of course we need to find some O line players. The question is how much money and what are the priorities?
It won't be that hard. A bunch of our DB's make big money and they shouldn't be back. Brent Johnson shouldn't be back. Buck Pierce won't be back (we have a cheap starting QB next year in Printers who will make only $100k). If we still don't have enough money then get rid of our $150k backup and go with Printers, Lulay and Champion. That's bundles of cash to bring in an offensive line.
You're missing my point we need to spend in a bunch of areas, so it comes down to how much, where and whose available.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:Anyone take the spread? BB
Right now, I'm wishing I did.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Leo_on_Rideau wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:We should give the Als credit,
I will give the Als credit when I give the Colorado Avalanche credit -- when they have to build a team from the ground up like everybody else, rather than benefiting from the organic growth of having relocated the best team in the league.

The Renegades would probably still be around if they were the Baltimore Stallions.
Baltimore was built from the ground up, an expansion team no less, and even with relocating to Montreal and being "forced" to add Canadians to their roster they've been the most successful CFL franchise over the past 15 years. It's quite remarkable that they have never really had a "rebuilding" year in their franchise history.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

You'd think Wally Buono would be tired of being totally embarraced in this way by now?

This make it three for four blow outs this year alone.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

In case anyone is wondering, most points by one team in a playoff game is 1992 EF, 59-11 Wpg over Ham.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

what the hell is MTL doing leaving AC in this game?
hwgill
Legend

Actually, I think the D-line is the least of our problems. Replace Hunt, I think Cesar will turn out to be a pretty good linemen. QB is solid, RB is solid, first three receivers are solid, 4 & 5 are pretty good.

O-line has been horrible for years. We were lucky to win the GC in 06, and it's gotten worse over the last three seasons.

Secondary is horrible...it's time to replace them ALL, ditto with the linebackers.

...and god, I hate Black so much. If the Team feed wouldn't be so far out of sync, I'd turn off the sound on the TV and listen to the radio.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
The_Pauser
Legend

hwgill wrote:Actually, I think the D-line is the least of our problems. Replace Hunt, I think Cesar will turn out to be a pretty good linemen. QB is solid, RB is solid, first three receivers are solid, 4 & 5 are pretty good.

O-line has been horrible for years. We were lucky to win the GC in 06, and it's gotten worse over the last three seasons.

Secondary is horrible...it's time to replace them ALL, ditto with the linebackers.

...and god, I hate Black so much. If the Team feed wouldn't be so far out of sync, I'd turn off the sound on the TV and listen to the radio.
Our offense isn't that bad, if it has time. New offensive line, a replacement for Brent Johnson, a new secondary, another punishing linebacker who can tackle, and new coordinators.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote: ...and god, I hate Black so much. If the Team feed wouldn't be so far out of sync, I'd turn off the sound on the TV and listen to the radio.
This will be his last telecast this year. I doubt we would be hearing him next week at the Grey Cup
hwgill
Legend

Trestmen should pull Calvillo at this point. The fact that he isn't does not look good on him. He is trying to embarrass the Lions even more than he already has. Personally at this point, I've lost respect for him. Running up the score when you're already 5 scores ahead is poor sportsmanship, IMO. He could put his seconds in and it wouldn't make a difference in the outcome anymore.