Lions @ Eskimos -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:Regarding Richie Leone's missed field goal and convert, that's what happens when you have a natural punter trying to learn how to place kick.
It can happen to anyone. I wasn't crying too much when Paul McCallum mised from around the same spot in the WDF..... I'm not going to get down on Leone for that one.

Good teams win because they overcome stuff that goes wrong. Leo's are not yet a good team... What I saw was some improvement. Obviously Jennings will look at the tape and see where there were some guys open that he did not see.... he will also look wider and see the blitz lined up. Clarke will look at the tape and see that he dpoes not have to try to catch the jump ball himself... only knock it down and prevent the other guy from catching it..... I've written off the season, I'm just looking for improvements....
maxlion
Legend

Dusty wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Regarding Richie Leone's missed field goal and convert, that's what happens when you have a natural punter trying to learn how to place kick.
It can happen to anyone. I wasn't crying too much when Paul McCallum mised from around the same spot in the WDF..... I'm not going to get down on Leone for that one.

Good teams win because they overcome stuff that goes wrong. Leo's are not yet a good team... What I saw was some improvement. Obviously Jennings will look at the tape and see where there were some guys open that he did not see.... he will also look wider and see the blitz lined up. Clarke will look at the tape and see that he dpoes not have to try to catch the jump ball himself... only knock it down and prevent the other guy from catching it..... I've written off the season, I'm just looking for improvements....
He also botched the punt at the most critical juncture of the game, likely costing us the chance to tie with a field goal instead of having to go with the hail mary. But he also pinned the eskimos deep on a couple of punts with near purrfect placement, and continues to kick high and deep. He's definitely not as consistent as he was earlier in the year.
David
Team Captain

maxlion wrote:But he also pinned the eskimos deep on a couple of punts with near purrfect placement, and continues to kick high and deep. He's definitely not as consistent as he was earlier in the year.He's definitely not as consistent as he was earlier in the year.
Probably burned out from having to punt so often, FFS!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dusty
Champion

David wrote:
maxlion wrote:But he also pinned the eskimos deep on a couple of punts with near purrfect placement, and continues to kick high and deep. He's definitely not as consistent as he was earlier in the year.He's definitely not as consistent as he was earlier in the year.
Probably burned out from having to punt so often, FFS!

DH :cool:
I think that if you look at all the past games, there will be at least one shanked punt per game. Still, he's been great for us each game.
dupsdell1
Champion

very bad when the red blacks have a better record than the lions do , Were done that is it .
Terrible coaching need better players period.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

According to Ed Willes, Leone was apologetic after the game. His miscues arguably made a seven-point difference in a six-point loss.
“I picked a bad day to have a bad day,” he said afterwards.

“We’ll get him back on track,” said Lions head coach Jeff Tedford. “He’s been good for us all season.”

Leone’s first gaffe came when a Lions’ drive stalled on the Esks’ eight-yard line. A field goal at that point would have given the Leos an 18-7 lead, but more importantly, it was part of a second-half meltdown in which the visitors blew a commanding lead.

“I let down my teammates,” said Leone. “This one’s on me. It wasn’t even a mental mistake. Maybe I rushed it a bit, but when it’s that short, it’s basically a gimme.”
Willes: Lions can’t leg it out in Edmonton
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Don Miller wrote: Cortez is well past his due date.
Maybe time to induce labour? Or just go for a C section?