Canucks are Unveiling(sp) their New Uniforms on August 29th.

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

What a HORRIBLE design. Uniform 101 says pick either A) Lettering or B) a Logo, the choice is never C) All of the Above.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
LFITQ
Team Captain

I prefer the old Flying "V" ....
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

IMO...I think that the VANCOUVER should only be on the AWAY(White) Sweater...why do they have to put it on both? Some NBA Teams have Jerseys with their city name on them but usually only on their AWAY Jersey(or 3rd jersey)..
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

i think they are great!! im not just saying that because i have alot of them coming in.

IT WOULDNT matter if they were the greatest jerseys ever, most people wont like them at first.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

David wrote:While I would have preferred the classy, simply look of the originals (put them up next to any of the Original 6 jerseys and they fit right in.....sometimes less is more), at least they had the good sense to adopt Pacific Northwest colours: blue and green. Or did they? The image above almost looks like they've kept the maroon trim in the Free Willy logo.
Nope... that's just noise in my crappy TV signal. Canucks.com now has the new logo and colors on the site, take a look.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

they are actually really cool
2012 Season Ticket Holder
LFITQ
Team Captain

Ummmm from the Canucks.com site it says

"Canadian Heritage: Classical HORIZONTAL stripes honour our great history. We are Canadians, and we made this game."

Horizontal stripes?? Why horizontal? Last I looked our flag had vertical stripes and the flag before that didn't have horizontal stripes in it much (other than the union jack which also had diagonal).

What am I missing here????
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Ummmm from the Canucks.com site it says

"Canadian Heritage: Classical HORIZONTAL stripes honour our great history. We are Canadians, and we made this game."

Horizontal stripes?? Why horizontal? Last I looked our flag had vertical stripes and the flag before that didn't have horizontal stripes in it much (other than the union jack which also had diagonal).

What am I missing here????
Many other teams are going with vertical striping. I guess they are saying they are sticking with the traditional Canadian hockey jersey, which has the horizontal. Fine by me because I hate the vertical stuff.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the horizontal stripes, I'm just trying to figure out how it relates to Canadian Heritage as advertised on their site....
smphantom
Legend

FUGLY! :thdn: :thdn:

Get rid of the damn whale for God's sake!?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well the whale, of course, represents Orca Bay...

My question is, when Aquilini bought out the team *and* Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment... why not change the name of the whole damn organization and get a new logo to match THAT?

I mean, I know the Haida-styled Orca is a "west coast symbol", but there are plenty of other symbols to be had... just ask VANOC!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

What says "West coast" more than a constipated whale? :wink:
D
Team Captain

YUCK .... I said Yuck not Puck :thdn:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:
Rammer wrote:Does anyone else think that the unveiling was a little over the top for what the uniform comprises? All the secrecy and buildup wasn't even close to being matched with the product....
Yes. It bordered on ridiculous. Quite the marketing machine, probably relying on the effort justification effect to sell jerseys - i.e. "Well, I've invested all this time and energy waiting for this to come out, I may as well buy one."
Mehh...........I'd rank the new jersey below the Boston alternate (with the bear) and Nashville's mustard yellow, arguably two of the worst jerseys in the NHL.

For the time being, I'll stick to my vintage blue Luongo and my alternate Orca Linden jerseys, thank you very much.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The Canucks must have one of the worst records in sports for failed design work. Gawd. How much did they pay for this "new" design? I recall the bill was over $100,000 for the "brighter than the sun" yellow V.

Let's keep some blue; let's keep some green. Let's keep the whale. Let's keep the hockey stick in the rink. What else can we squeeze in there? Oh yeah, just in case someone doesn't know where the Canucks play ... let's put the city's name in there.

My vote: D :thdn: Ughhh

Compared to most of the failed efforts, Joe Borovich's original calm, peaceful, sky-blue, sea-green design was the clear winner.

I still would like to see Johnny Canuck on more than just Roberto Luongo's mask. Ain't gonna happen.