A word about e-mailing Lions tickets.

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

The $1.99 surcharge doesn't bother me all that much. Sure, it's another cash grab by the Lions and Ticketbastard, but I believe once people use it once, realize that it's not "free" and abandon the system. That act of abandonment may make the Lions re-think this system for next season. Then again, I'll probably never need to use this option.

The $10 picture with Dave, Geroy and Brent is what bothered me. Here I am, wanting nothing more than an autograph on my shirt, and they stash the big 3 in a room. Due respect, I don't want no stupid picture, which will collect dust upon returning home.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Speaking of the Sopranos the ending was brilliant IMO. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
LFITQ
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:I just think he needs a better grasp on what rates as "warranted". I mean, the team could have opted to NOT implement the ticket-by-email option at all, and he'd be exactly where he was before. Instead they provide another option THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO PROVIDE, AND THAT NOBODY HAS TO USE IF THEY DON'T WANT TO, and he whines because they want a pittance for the convenience... a pittance that he doesn't even have to pay himself if he doesn't want to.
Yes and they could very well have advertised the fact that it was going to eb a CHARGED portion of the season tickets. What point CAN'T you seem to read. If this was just something they threw in after the fact, then great. But it wasn't this was something that was advertised as an OPTION for season ticket holders. It's kinda like saying the CD player on a new car is there for you to use, and then after the sale is made tell you that you have to pay for it everytime you turn it on. You bought the car thinking you could listen to your tunes, now only to find out it costs more money.
Soundy wrote: It's immature, and if it wasn't for the commitment and effort he has to put into being a long-distance fan, I'd say it borders on spoiled.
Immature, it seems like you are the only one that can't seem to grasp the bigger picture here. This is merely ONE more thing that is going on. READ the board and actually read the posts by people and you might actually be able to see the bigger picture here.

All you are doing is repeating the same thing over and over again which I feel is beginning to border on a personal attack against me. "Immature" "Spoiled". Not words I try to use when I am in a discussion with someone and am trying to get my point across through mature discussion. All you are doing, IMHO is lowering your own validity for discussion in my eyes.

How about you go back and try actually reading the posts and then seeing if your little brain (seeing as how all you can seem to do is think up personal attacks, I'll throw one out there and see if you can understand it better) can actually come to grips with the realities that many people seem to be seeing via "nickel and dime" techniques. There have been many posts warning the Lions to not forget their fan base as they grow bigger. This just happens to be the first that actually targets one specific thing. And from this post I have seen several other people bring up other items that are starting to bother them or have bothered them.

But that's fine. The meek have consistently followed along blindly like lemmings accepting whatevr fate doles out to them without ever stopping to think what the bigger picture might be. I guess the world needs lemmings too. So keep at it.

Until you put up a post in response to the "bigger picture" and stop being singularly focussed (can we say "having blinders on") on the $1.95 aspect, I'm done responding to you.
Last edited by LFITQ on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
LFITQ
Team Captain

Ballistic Bob wrote:Speaking of the Sopranos the ending was brilliant IMO. BB
You know Bob, that was one of the things I missed out on entirely.

Many will be shocked but consider yourselves lucky - you now know someone who has NEVER seen a single episode of the Sopranos. But judging by everyone's comments (around the world) the ending seems to have been one of the best in recent history. Too many shows in the past have had huge flops for series enders.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
MacNews
Team Captain

I heard a lot of people were pissed off at the

ending.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:

Many will be shocked but consider yourselves lucky - you now know someone who has NEVER seen a single episode of the Sopranos. But judging by everyone's comments (around the world) the ending seems to have been one of the best in recent history. Too many shows in the past have had huge flops for series enders.
I'd say it was one of the worst endings I've ever seen.
Ryan
All Star

After reading through the thread:

I tend to agree with the overall sentiment that it is a slippery slope with respect to extra charges. Particularly the photo issue at training camp and the number of extra vouchers received per season ticket purchased. These are perks one could reasonably expect given what has been provided in the past.

The convenience charge doesn't bother me for emailing tickets as it is a useful service that hasn't been provided before and the if I used the option I would derive $1.95 of value from it. As long as I'm getting value from the service I'm willing to pay.

The Sopranos finale was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and the media build up and speculation as to who was going to get whacked made the episode (and the ending) even better! The ending lets the viewer come up with their own view on what happens to Tony and also gave you a real sense of what it would be like to be him - anybody that came through the door to that diner could have knocked him off.

Just my two cents.
smphantom
Legend

LFITQ wrote:

Many will be shocked but consider yourselves lucky - you now know someone who has NEVER seen a single episode of the Sopranos.
That makes 2 of us Ken.
Has Robbie posted a picture of the ending yet?
Stay thirsty my friends.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

smphantom wrote:
LFITQ wrote:

Many will be shocked but consider yourselves lucky - you now know someone who has NEVER seen a single episode of the Sopranos.
That makes 2 of us Ken.
Poor babies. BB
Rammer
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:
LFITQ wrote:

That makes 2 of us Ken.
I will raise my hand as one that has never set his eyes on the Sopranos series. :rockin:
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I'm with Bob, the ending was brilliant as was the whole series. One of the best television series of all time.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
smithers

If the response to the emailing-surcharge becomes too negative, then maybe the Lions best PR move would just be to eliminate the charge, but recoup their losses on providing the service via a small increase in the season ticket prices. Presuming 500 tickets are emailed every game, that would amount to rougly $10,000 they would have received in charges over 10 games. Increasing the season ticket prices by $0.50 then recoups their losses.

In that way, it would be like the $10 airport improvement fee. Because it was so visible, they just include it now in the price of the airline tickets. That way, the sheep that would normally complain, now happily pay it (ignorance is bliss). Of course, that's a bad example of the charge, because when you pay the $1.95 email charge, you actually get something, whereas the airport charges you the $10 for nothing.

Anyways, it would get rid of the whiners, but I still equate that approach (charging all season ticket holders a fee, regardless of who uses the emailing service), to being similar to how they take a portion of gas taxes and property taxes, to fund/subsidize public transport. The point being, you're paying towards the bus service, even though you're a non-user. Not fair in my opinion, but then again someone else might argue "the service you're subsidizing is there for you, and it's your choice not to use it". Many ways to look at it.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

David wrote: Just my .02 cents.

DH 8)
Is that like, 2 one hundredths of a cent? You shouldn't devalue your opinion that much!
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I'm with Bob, the ending was brilliant as was the whole series. One of the best television series of all time.
The ending was bizarre at first - my wife and I just sat there for a moment in stunned silence, then she instantaneously burst out laughing. I think we have decided it was very cool, actually. I have watched that final scene at Holsten's over and over. Now if only I could get that damned Journey song out of my head!

I'll go out on a limb and say The Sopranos is the best television series. Ever.

Now that it's ended, that leaves Friday Night Lights as the best show on TV (network division, anyway) hands down.
Wally!
Starter

Just tried the Lions new service of being able to e-mail (or "Forward" as it is called on the site) your tickets to someone else.

a little known thing when it was mentioned is that there is an additional $1.95 CDN charge for this service per ticket being forwarded.
I suggest everyone complaining about the fee for this service take a very close look at the URL being displayed in your browser when you use it. It is not the Lions!

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/ticketmanager

It is Ticketmaster. They do the exact same thing with Canuck tickets. And what it is, is this - you know when you buy tickets from Ticketmaster and they offer you the convenience of printing your own tickets and then turn around and charge you a fee per ticket for that convenience? This is the same fee - you're paying for Ticketmaster's "ticketFast® delivery". And they are making you as the STH pay it, not the person you forward to. The Lions don't get anything.