Lions vs. Ti-Cats Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Can anyone figure out why Hart (who can throw 60-70 yards I'm told) wasn't inserted to throw the ball to the endzone? A jump ball was a higher % play than a dump pass and lateral.

DH :cool:
That would require outsude the box thinking on our Coaching staff, not a strong point of theirs.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
David wrote:Can anyone figure out why Hart (who can throw 60-70 yards I'm told) wasn't inserted to throw the ball to the endzone? A jump ball was a higher % play than a dump pass and lateral.

That would require outsude the box thinking on our Coaching staff, not a strong point of theirs.
At this juncture, I'm prepared to question whether we even HAVE a box outside of which to think.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Benevides said in the post game that they considered that option but Hamilton had all their defensive backs so deep that the Lion opted to try to bust one down the seams.
leo4life
All Star

Shouldnt have came down to any of this nonsense.Lions not ready to go from the opening kick off.Road woes continue.Slow starts.Poor anti-blitz.Zero run game.No D-Line pressure.Lots of holes to fix wait till we go to Regina!
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
Rammer wrote:

At this juncture, I'm prepared to question whether we even HAVE a box outside of which to think.
Sure the Lions know where the box is, just ask Chappy, he tries to keep Lulay in it all the time. ;)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

leo4life wrote:Shouldnt have came down to any of this nonsense.Lions not ready to go from the opening kick off.Road woes continue.Slow starts.Poor anti-blitz.Zero run game.No D-Line pressure.Lots of holes to fix wait till we go to Regina!
X2 If somehow the Lions came back to win this game, it would only serve to mask the defiencies of this team. As leo4life have stated: slow starts, poor anti-blitz, zero run games etc.
leo4life
All Star

LionKing, i think Wally is going to flip out over this one i think!
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I'm back. What did I miss?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

leo4life wrote:LionKing, i think Wally is going to flip out over this one i think!
He has reasons to be. I really hope he does something about it. Frustrating
Rammer
Team Captain

M
cromartie wrote:I'm back. What did I miss?

That depends on if you are looking at this from the Hamilton front seven's perspective or not. If so, then you didn't miss an opportunity to lay a smackdown on Lulay, but you did miss Harris rushing the ball, but in a good way, again from Hamiltons perspective . However if you are a Lions OC, you missed tje players executing the plays yet again. But most importantly, if you are aa Lions fan, you miss the last half of 2011 when the Lions O dictated to the opposition D's game oin and game out.

Right now I find this season comical, it is at that stage for me, expectations aren't where they were in June anymore.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:With the way the Ti-cats are handling us today, they're gonna want to keep these uniforms for good. They even match the colours in the endzone that they've so frequently visited.
TSN panel during Ssk@Wpg halftime kicking around topic of best 3rds, BC vs Ham, Dunigan just said basically same thing.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Right now I find this season comical, it is at that stage for me, expectations aren't where they were in June anymore.
I was half kidding, of course, but really, we're in full on Western Semi loss territory here.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
sj-roc wrote:With the way the Ti-cats are handling us today, they're gonna want to keep these uniforms for good. They even match the colours in the endzone that they've so frequently visited.
TSN panel during Ssk@Wpg halftime kicking around topic of best 3rds, BC vs Ham, Dunigan just said basically same thing.
The Lions orange pants made it less than a pretty sight with so much red and then orange. Not sure if there is a solution to that but online viewing is hard enough as it is. It would have been better if the Lions were about to used their gun metal coloured unis. The days of visitors needing to be in white for the contrast ended when colour TV came into existence. Its not like fans can't figure out who's home and who's visitor other ways.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy