Lions vs. Esks Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

chimpy

we win, but we have to start playing a lot better then this if we are going to win the grey cup again, JJ again throws the winning touchdown, and to Geroy. but this gamr was very dull in the first half.

I think the next game against edmonton is going to be close too. Edmontons Quaterback is not bad, i think he is going to be good one.

Either the lions will blow them out next week or it will be tight again, so everybody if sask lose tom, all we have to do is beat edmonton, and we again win the west.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:*frig* PM.....now they get it on the 35 and NO single
Nope, the 25, like a MFG off the post... you don't get the 35 unless a single is scored.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Leoninus
prospect

I agree, Dewalt, and I think that this game may prove to be a very important wakeup call to the Lions, and remind them that they absolutely must be focused going into every game, every play. You hate these kind of games while they're happening, but I think it's essential for a top place team to realize that they can be beaten by any team who wants it more. I'm confident that we will see a more determined Lions team in BC next week.
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
Yank In BC wrote:*frig* PM.....now they get it on the 35 and NO single
Nope, the 25, like a MFG off the post... you don't get the 35 unless a single is scored.
It may have been a typo, just a thought.
Entertainment value = an all time low
chimpy

I agree, Dewalt, and I think that this game may prove to be a very important wakeup call to the Lions, and remind them that they absolutely must be focused going into every game, every play. You hate these kind of games while they're happening, but I think it's essential for a top place team to realize that they can be beaten by any team who wants it more. I'm confident that we will see a more determined Lions team in BC next week.

Great point here

I think great teams no how to win but , they know they can play better, and my gut feeling is that sask are going to lose against hamilton tom, and i think we are going to blow edmonton out of the park on sat. and win the west.
Rammer
Team Captain

chimpy wrote:I agree, Dewalt, and I think that this game may prove to be a very important wakeup call to the Lions, and remind them that they absolutely must be focused going into every game, every play. You hate these kind of games while they're happening, but I think it's essential for a top place team to realize that they can be beaten by any team who wants it more. I'm confident that we will see a more determined Lions team in BC next week.

Great point here

I think great teams no how to win but , they know they can play better, and my gut feeling is that sask are going to lose against hamilton tom, and i think we are going to blow edmonton out of the park on sat. and win the west.
I think that the Lions just gave the Riders a wake up call on that front. Riders are going to win that game, because they are number two and are focused.
Entertainment value = an all time low
chimpy

no i do not think it is going to happen, casy printers is going to win his first game.
lionsfan60
prospect

This game was huge for us. Again, everyone underestimated the Esks. It is very difficult to win against ANY team on the road, no matter what their record is. Sask better be careful. Great teams find a way to win...even when they don't play their best. Don't find a way to criticize the team for this....they won, they are 11-3-1, they have clinched a home field playoff game with this victory, and they will have a much different game at home next week. We won and that is all that REALLY counts!!
lionsfan60
prospect

Stop picking the game apart...the Lions did not go into the game cocky...Edmonton stepped up their defense, which is what ALL teams will do who play us and Sask over the next few weeks...they have nothing to lose...forget the media...the players don't read it ......you are either a Lions Backer or you are not....can't criticize a well fought (albeit too close for comfort) road win in a place we have always had trouble winning...Again, we are 11-3-1 and the pressure is off for this week...we can now sit back and watch Sask play the other team with nothing to lose tomorrow. We have won six road games....that is almost impossible to do in any sport...I am thrilled we got the win today....this does not change the process or the possibility of us getting to the Grey Cup...this game just puts us one step closer!! Great game Lions!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

The Eskimos still have a lot of talent.

The kid LeFors looks like a real good one.

The Eskimos were obviously in a mood to battle it out.

I would give credit to the Lions, for beating a desperate team, in their house, on that slick field, while not playing anywhere near their best.

And the Lions do this, with their own playoff spot already assured, 3 QBs ready to play, and all is right in their world. It would have been easy for a less professional group of players to mail it in and lose. If the Lions were not mentally ready to battle, they would have lost. They did not have their best game faces on, but they had enough.

I won't ask for much more than that.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

you are either a Lions Backer or you are not
If you'd like to get into the "you're either with us or against us" rhetoric business, there's an entire American political party that would be happy to send you a Starter Kit.

Otherwise, learn to respect people with different opinions than your own.

Ok? Thanks
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I missed this most of this game due to work but based on the highlights, if you gotta miss a game this was the one to miss. I caught parts of the first half and I was amazed we weren't in a deep hole come halftime. I missed the all the second half. Sure woulda like to have seen Lion82's YAC workshop. Loved Boden's block on that one. I picked the Lions to win by a field goal. I'm not surprised by the score on this one but I doubt JJ is the only QB getting snaps come the rematch.