FA Day, add the signings to the Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:Wpg is being gutted, they are bleeding talented players right now.
Hello, Joe Mack. Do they have any means of communication whereever you are in the US? LOL Hello??????
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

I don't think Fantuz is worth $200K either but that's not the point. It's fine if you have money set aside to sign and eventually sign him.

OTOH, if he doesn't end up signing, you end up with money you could have spent elsewhere. And yes, qulity NI OL are good investments for any team.

So if you have SMS space, you need to have a list of players you want to go after. If Fantuz is at the top of your list, that's fine, but there better be a # 2 on the list.

The issue is that the # 2 guy could be off the list before you know it.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
joe kapp22 wrote:Wpg is being gutted, they are bleeding talented players right now.
Hello, Joe Mack. Do they have any means of communication whereever you are in the US? LOL Hello??????
He had enough to re-sign Pierce, Elliott, Brink, Logan, Browne, Morely, Carr and a few others.

Douglas wants to try and get an NFL deal so not much could have been done there.

We didn't make an offer to Hargreaves and choose to let him walk. Whether that changes later or not I don't know.

Losing DT Don O hurts but we're still in the race for Labatte.

Never like to lose starting quality NI's but you can't outbid everyone if they are willing to raise the anti to $200K numbers.

As much as I like Labatte, I don't think he's worth $200K either.
joe kapp22
Legend

Blue In BC wrote:I don't think Fantuz is worth $200K either but that's not the point. It's fine if you have money set aside to sign and eventually sign him.

OTOH, if he doesn't end up signing, you end up with money you could have spent elsewhere. And yes, qulity NI OL are good investments for any team.

So if you have SMS space, you need to have a list of players you want to go after. If Fantuz is at the top of your list, that's fine, but there better be a # 2 on the list.

The issue is that the # 2 guy could be off the list before you know it.
I'm beginning not to like Andy Fantuz, his nonchalance is irksome to me at least.

As for WPG, clearly that is not going to be the same team that was so good in 2011.

Brown retires, O leaves, hard to find quality NI DT's.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Eskimos took another important step towards upgrading their Canadian talent with the signing of non-import defensive tackle Don Oramasionwu.

A fifth round pick (39th overall) by Winnipeg in the 2008 CFL Canadian Draft, Oramasionwu or “Donny O” as he’s known, has spent the past three seasons with the Bombers where he posted 39 defensive tackles, nine sacks and two fumble recoveries.

“Kavis Reed asked me to make Donny a priority as soon as we began discussing potential free agents. He played for Kavis in Winnipeg where they developed a very strong relationship. Quality Canadians are the backbone of all successful franchises and, at age 25, we feel he has tremendous upside," Eskimo General Manager Eric Tillman said.

The 6-3, 289lbs native of Winnipeg was a standout for the University of Manitoba and played a key role in the Bisons’ 2007 Vanier Cup win.
Just the kind of player the Lions could use. NI D Line depth.

Sure hoping Brent Johnson returns for one more year. :cr:

Sure hoping we score a couple of top level D Line prospects in the draft. :cr:

Other than that Wally's cupboard is nicely stocked. Both imports and non imports. Always want depth and competition however.

With the departure of Jamall Lee, the Lions do not have a non-import RB behind Andrew Harris.......I was certain the Lions would go after Stu Foord......but haven't heard anything about any interest from the Lions.
Lloyd
joe kapp22
Legend

We are going to miss Sol-E, I know they were high on Leonard, however he has not really done very much due to injuries.

Wonder if Avon Cobourne would be on the radar at Rb?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
joe kapp22
Legend

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Buono offered a contract to Argos defensive back Byron Parker. Connection with dee co-ordinater Rich Stubler.
interesting
Rammer
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Eskimos took another important step towards upgrading their Canadian talent with the signing of non-import defensive tackle Don Oramasionwu.

A fifth round pick (39th overall) by Winnipeg in the 2008 CFL Canadian Draft, Oramasionwu or “Donny O” as he’s known, has spent the past three seasons with the Bombers where he posted 39 defensive tackles, nine sacks and two fumble recoveries.

“Kavis Reed asked me to make Donny a priority as soon as we began discussing potential free agents. He played for Kavis in Winnipeg where they developed a very strong relationship. Quality Canadians are the backbone of all successful franchises and, at age 25, we feel he has tremendous upside," Eskimo General Manager Eric Tillman said.

The 6-3, 289lbs native of Winnipeg was a standout for the University of Manitoba and played a key role in the Bisons’ 2007 Vanier Cup win.
Just the kind of player the Lions could use. NI D Line depth.

Sure hoping Brent Johnson returns for one more year. :cr:

Sure hoping we score a couple of top level D Line prospects in the draft. :cr:

Other than that Wally's cupboard is nicely stocked. Both imports and non imports. Always want depth and competition however.

With the departure of Jamall Lee, the Lions do not have a non-import RB behind Andrew Harris.......I was certain the Lions would go after Stu Foord......but haven't heard anything about any interest from the Lions.
Doesn't help much, but perhaps the Lions are in the mix for Foord....
Arash Madani
And now this... Apparently (whispering) Stu Foord -- STU FOORD!!!! -- has multiple offers from #CFL teams, too. Oh boy. It just never stops.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

joe kapp22 wrote:We are going to miss Sol-E, I know they were high on Leonard, however he has not really done very much due to injuries.

Wonder if Avon Cobourne would be on the radar at Rb?
Yes but I would imagine on the Esks radar, moreso than the Lions.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Just read on the twitter feed @News1130Sports that Buono made 2 offers today.....one was Parker, but who was the other?

Also written, was that Rob Murphy called Buono.....but Buono told him that there was no room at the inn.
Lloyd
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:Also written, was that Rob Murphy called Buono.....but Buono told him that there was no room at the inn.
way to go wally :thup: :thup: :thup:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:Just read on the twitter feed @News1130Sports that Buono made 2 offers today.....one was Parker, but who was the other?

Also written, was that Rob Murphy called Buono.....but Buono told him that there was no room at the inn.
Good. That time is past.

Re Avon Cobourne. Nah ... We don't need an import running back with lots and lots of mileage on him. We could use a young, explosive kick returner however.

And a backup NI running back.

And a couple of NI D Linemen.

Is that too much to ask for? LOL ... Nah.
David
Team Captain

Shi Zi Mi wrote:Just read on the twitter feed @News1130Sports that Buono made 2 offers today.....one was Parker, but who was the other?
If I had to guess, I'd say Stu Foord of the Riders. Nothing more than a hunch but with Lee's retirement, we don't have much non-import depth behind Harris.

I've always liked that kid. Tough, hard-nosed runner. Always gives an honest effort.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:

Good. That time is past.

Re Avon Cobourne. Nah ... We don't need an import running back with lots and lots of mileage on him.

We agree

signed,

Jamal Robertson and Charles Roberts
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

joe kapp22 wrote:
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Buono offered a contract to Argos defensive back Byron Parker. Connection with dee co-ordinater Rich Stubler.
interesting
Lulay would be happy to have Parker on his side instead of having to face him