Lions/Stamps Post Game Rant

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

After the loss tonight, and we are out of the running this will be the least bummed I would have ever been in my years of being bummed at a seasons' conclusion.

Lion Guy, the orange on my glasses wore off long ago. I tried many a pair the last couple years but finish keeps wearing off and all I get is clear.

If you could help me out that would be awesome.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote: The team we root for is getting out played, out coached and it doesn't appear to be just about a lack of talent. We are now on losing season # 2. And while you contend that he is building for the future, some of us are looking at his actions in a not so charitible light. Too many mistakes,
You know I'm fortunate enough to be able to listen to team10football everyday, and there are alot of player interviews I hear. All of them for many many weeks now all agree we have got great talent on this team, on most cases better than or equal to our opponents; confidence is high going forward in lue of such.. and yet the team can't get it done.

What does that tell us? I know what it tells me.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

lions woulda won if Barrett was HC :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote: The team we root for is getting out played, out coached and it doesn't appear to be just about a lack of talent. We are now on losing season # 2. And while you contend that he is building for the future, some of us are looking at his actions in a not so charitible light. Too many mistakes,
You know I'm fortunate enough to be able to listen to team10football everyday, and there are alot of player interviews I hear. All of them for many many weeks now all agree we have got great talent on this team, on most cases better than or equal to our opponents; confidence is high going forward in lue of such.. and yet the team can't get it done.

What does that tell us? I know what it tells me.
Even on the post game interviews, you could hear it in Banks voice, just no explanation as to why the Lions find ways to lose. Last go around the Lions had Burris's number, but given that the Lions released that number last week, the Lions just couldn't get it back during tonight's game. I have to say that given the outcome, I am not surprised away with a game on the road, the only worse place to play is at tEmpire Stadium in 2010.

Did anyone see how the refs didn't make it any easier, numerous PI calls and not one for the Stamps. Funny how the good teams don't get those calls against them and well the Lions have all season long. Good talent on the Linos, much too good for the record, time to part ways from the only area that hasn't been touched...the coaching staff.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sasklionsfan
Rookie

Stupid refs, they missed *insert random penalty here*, and *insert another random penalty*, and also *curses out refs, calls league bush league*. Wally must be fired, chap must be fired, dorazio fired. We are pathetic, blah blah blah. amidoinitrite? :wink:
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

This thread seems to be doing it's job.
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

Lion Guy wrote:This thread seems to be doing it's job.
It's gonna confuse some people who only check in after the game, though!

And, sasklionsfan is absolutely right. That *insert random penalty* call was horrible. That was NEVER called when Buck or Casey were the victims of *insert random felony*. The refs were total *insert random excretion*.
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Whisperin' Jimmy wrote:

And, sasklionsfan is absolutely right. That *insert random penalty* call was horrible. That was NEVER called when Buck or Casey were the victims of *insert random felony*. The refs were total *insert random excretion*.
What ever happened to *insert random fish juice* instead penalty, felony, excretion, etcetera?

Doh! Where is KIA when you want him???
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Excretion ?? Have the Lions stooped to that level ?
The_Pauser
Legend

David wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Buono's best before date has come and gone. How can he possibly forget to include both McCallum and Whyte off tonight's roster. Paris Jackson punting and David Hyland doing the place kicking. You gotta be kidding.
It wasn't Buono's error, it was McEvoy's. While you can say it's symptomatic of a pervasive lack of attention to detail within the organization that starts with the man at the top, you can't pin it on Wally.

He hires good, competent people to do these kinds of tasks and expects them to get done right. Unfortunately in this case, it wasn't. I would be more upset at Wally's decision not to dress 5 D-linemen than that.

DH
Yeah I wouldn't blame the coaching staff. The players didn't execute on the field. McEvoy didn't execute either. The fans didn't execute their cheers. The mascot didn't execute his little dance. Crazy P didn't execute banging his drum enough.
Roar you Lions roar!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Whisperin' Jimmy wrote:

What ever happened to *insert random fish juice* instead penalty, felony, excretion, etcetera?

Doh! Where is KIA when you want him???
what do you want??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Can we do this again next week? It seemed to work. :popcorn:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:What does that tell us? I know what it tells me.
What it tells me is that you have a time machine, have relocated to Toronto, and are posting from the fall of 2001 while listening to the Team 1050.