David Beckham to get a special Grass field in BC Place?

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:the only person with his head up his butt is Wally for not signing Printers
120... you got this one wrong. Timing was totally wrong for BC when every game now is a must win type game. It would have been a total disruption pre-Montreal to have him coming to BC.

I think you misjudge Wally here. If next year DD was done career wise and he felt that Buck wasn't quite ready to take over the team or if he had more injuries that didn't heal fully, he'd have signed Printers in a heart beat. Wally is the guy who wants 3 QBs who can play and he wants the future QB as a number 2 and 3 breathing down 2's neck!!! Wally would welcome Printers with open arms if the stars were all aligned on this deal.

Buono could care less if some on the team had trouble with his decisions and if they made an issue out of the player(s) would be gone quick. Buono knows that he has to do what has made him a success and not what is popular with players or fans even.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
120dB
Legend

It was Wally's decision to not make an offer. It was Wally's decision to not even try.

I've never heard of a coach not wanting to sign a great player cause he didn't like the player's agent. That just seems very weak.

David Braley donated $ 70 million to McMaster University. He has the money. He could afford to pay a penalty to go over the cap to get Printers signed.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:It was Wally's decision to not make an offer. It was Wally's decision to not even try.

I've never heard of a coach not wanting to sign a great player cause he didn't like the player's agent. That just seems very weak.
David Braley donated $ 70 million to McMaster University. He has the money. He could afford to pay a penalty to go over the cap to get Printers signed.
Well you have now.

Let it die.